From today's featured article
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story is a 1993 American biographical drama film directed and co-written by Rob Cohen, and starring Jason Scott Lee (pictured), Lauren Holly, Nancy Kwan and Robert Wagner. The film follows the life of Bruce Lee (Jason) from his relocation to the United States from Hong Kong to his career as a martial arts teacher, and then television and film actor. It also focuses on the relationship between Bruce and his wife Linda Lee (Holly), and the racism to which Bruce was subjected. Rather than making a traditional biographical film, Cohen decided to include elements of mysticism and to dramatise fight scenes to give it the same tone as the films in which Bruce starred. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story received positive reviews, with Jason widely praised for his performance. The film's commercial success, exceeding box office averages for biographical films, was attributed to its romantic themes and its appeal to people outside the traditional kung fu film audience. (Full article...)
Did you know ...
In the news
On this day
From today's featured list
English singer-songwriter David Bowie recorded over 400 different songs during his over 50-year career. Bowie worked with numerous artists throughout his career, including producers Tony Visconti, Brian Eno and singer Iggy Pop, and was the primary songwriter for many of his songs; he recorded cover versions of songs by artists including the Who, the Pretty Things and the Yardbirds. Following his psychedelic pop-influenced self-titled debut album in 1967, he released his first successful single "Space Oddity", which introduced the fictional astronaut Major Tom. He then released his folk rock-inspired second self-titled album in 1969, which represented an artistic breakthrough for Bowie. Between 1972 and 1974, Bowie was a pioneer of the glam rock genre, as showcased on The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972), which launched Bowie to stardom. Bowie reached his commercial peak with Let's Dance (1983), which featured post-disco and dance songs, as evident on its title track. (Full list...)
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.