We Can't Wait to See You Again.
We miss you. Like real bad. We miss your ‘let’s do this’ look and the way your laugh turns to a scream, to a cry, and back into a laugh. We’re finally ready to roll out the red carpet and kick open our gates. We’re back—and can’t wait until you are too. We’ve added new guidelines throughout the resort to get the good times going again. Things like social distancing, health screenings, and sanitizing.
Letter From Universal Orlando's President, Bill Davis
Dear Universal Orlando Guests, when we first made the decision in March 2020 to close Universal Orlando Resort in response to the coronavirus pandemic, we didn’t know how long it would be for...
New Safety Guidelines. Same Fun.
In accordance with CDC guidelines we have enhanced sanitization procedures and implemented additional measures for distance spacing and screening.
We ask that all guests and Team Members continue to comply with the following:
Face covering required
Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit.
Temperature check required
Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
Wash hands often
Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your travel party and others.
When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward.
Avoid contact with people who are sick
Use hand sanitizer when required
At select locations including prior to boarding ride vehicles, guests will be required to use hand sanitizer.
Follow Team Member direction
Please follow directions from our team members and have patience as we work through these new operational procedures.
Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Visit the CDC website for the latest guidelines.
Some imagery shown throughout our website does not represent current operational and safety guidelines.
What other safety measures are in place?
We continue to work closely with local health officials and our own health and safety experts and reference CDC guidelines with respect to the safety of our Team Members and guests during this limited opening of Universal Orlando Resort.
- Limiting capacity and following social distancing guidelines throughout all attractions, restaurants and shops throughout the destination
- Increasing our already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures, and frequently cleaning all high touch surfaces
- All team members will undergo temperature checks and wear face coverings
- All team members will participate in extensive training on our new procedures
To get the latest updates for all things Universal, download the Official Universal Orlando Resort App. Plus, it’s easy to stay connected while you’re here with free WiFi throughout the parks and Universal CityWalk.
Access Contact-Free Features:
- Place Mobile Food & Drink Orders from select restaurants
- Get a Virtual Line return time
- Purchase tickets in the app and scan at the turnstile
- Set up TapTu Pay at Volcano Bay
Free download. Data and other charges may apply, check with your wireless provider’s rate plan for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I have to go to get my temperature taken?More +
- What will happen if a guest has a high temperature?More +
- Will I be required to wear a face covering? What if I don’t have one? More +
- What is considered an appropriate face covering for my visit?More +
- Where can I purchase a face covering? Are they available in various sizes?More +
- What about face coverings when guests are eating?More +
- What if I’m visiting the theme parks from out-of-state?More +
- Are contactless payments available?More +
- Is Mobile Food & Drink Ordering available?More +
- Are Universal Dining Plan or Universal Orlando Gift Cards accepted for Mobile Food & Drink orders?More +
- What if I have allergies but want to make a Mobile Food & Drink order?More +
- Will these new procedures be in place for the 2021 Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval?More +
- What Safety Measures Will Be in Place at Halloween Horror Nights?More +
- Will you have themed face coverings for sale?More +
- Why is the kennel closed?More +
- Are wheelchairs, strollers and ECVs be available for rent? And how are you sanitizing them?More +
Where do I have to go to get my temperature taken?
Guests will have their temperatures taken in a screening area inside the parking structure, prior to the security checkpoint.
What will happen if a guest has a high temperature?
Any guest that has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter CityWalk and it will be requested that the individual see a doctor, per CDC guidelines.
Will I be required to wear a face covering? What if I don’t have one?
Yes. We are following CDC guidelines as well as local health protocols, and face coverings are required to visit Universal Orlando Resort. Please see details below on what is considered an appropriate face covering for your visit. If you do not have a face covering, we have them available for purchase. Also, children under the age of three are not required to wear face coverings.
If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, please contact Guest Services about our alternate accommodation, which is to wear a face shield during your visit. Face shields must cover your nose and mouth, wrap around the sides of your face, and extend to below your chin. Please note that face shields are not permitted on certain attractions, and guests will have to switch to a face covering for those experiences. Please refer to our Guide for Rider Safety and Accessibility for all ride requirements.
What is considered an appropriate face covering for my visit?
An appropriate face covering for a visit to Universal Orlando must fit the following criteria:
- Must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin
- Must fit snugly against the sides of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
We recommend that face coverings be at least two-ply (consist of at least two layers). Also, a gaiter is considered an appropriate face covering as long as it covers your nose and mouth.
The following are NOT permitted at Universal Orlando:
- Face coverings with exhalation valves
- Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Face coverings that include mesh material or holes of any kind
- Face coverings that are unable to be secured under your chin, such as bandannas
- Costume masks or veils, per our costume guidelines
Where can I purchase a face covering? Are they available in various sizes?
Face coverings are available for purchase at select merchandise locations in CityWalk and the theme parks, and they are available in various sizes.
What about face coverings when guests are eating?Guests must wear face coverings at all times. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing. Inside restaurants, we have arranged tables and seating so that guests can safely remove their face coverings while enjoying their dining experience.
What if I’m visiting the theme parks from out-of-state?
Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination.
Are contactless payments available?
Yes, guests can utilize contactless forms of payment at select locations.
Is Mobile Food & Drink Ordering available?
Yes, Mobile Food & Drink Ordering is available for select venues, and available venues can be viewed on the Official Universal Orlando Resort App. To use it, download the official Universal Orlando Resort App and create an account. Then, select “Order Food and Drinks” under the drop-down menu and select the dining location you’re interested in to view the menu. Make your selection(s) then follow the prompts to place your order. Once it’s ready, you can either retrieve your order from the pickup window at the venue or, at select locations, your food will be delivered to your table.
Are Universal Dining Plan or Universal Orlando Gift Cards accepted for Mobile Food & Drink orders?
No, Universal Dining Plan and Universal Orlando Gift Cards are currently not accepted on Mobile Food & Drink Orders.
What if I have allergies but want to make a Mobile Food & Drink order?
Guests should ask to speak to a chef or manager at the venue prior to placing their Mobile Food & Drink Order.
Will these new procedures be in place for the 2021 Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval?
We continue to implement enhanced health and safety procedures and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during the destination’s Mardi Gras celebration. More Mardi Gras FAQs >
What Safety Measures Will Be in Place at Halloween Horror Nights?Universal Orlando Resort will continue to monitor the environment and implement enhanced health and safety procedures for its operation of Halloween Horror Nights this fall. Specific details will be shared closer to the event's debut.
Will you have themed face coverings for sale?
Yes, we have themed face coverings available for purchase at select merchandise locations.
Why is the kennel closed?
We are limiting some of our offerings during this initial phase of our reopening. At this time, our kennels are closed.
Are wheelchairs, strollers and ECVs be available for rent? And how are you sanitizing them?
Yes, guests will be able to rent wheelchairs, strollers and ECVs for their visit. Per our usual cleaning protocol, each wheelchair, stroller and ECV will cleaned and disinfected between each guest use.