List of gondola lifts
This article is a List of gondola lifts around the world. A gondola lift has cabins suspended from a continuously circulating cable whereas aerial trams simply shuttle back and forth on cables. (Both are cable cars, and both are aerial lifts which also includes chairlifts.)
(Note: this list should not contain aerial tramways or chairlifts.)
- 5 Cableways in Algiers the capital.
- The Constantine Cable Car, linking the two parts of Constantine.
- Oran Cableway, Oran.
- Annaba Cableway, Annaba.
- Skikda Cableway, Skikda.
- Telemcen Cableway, Telemcen.
- Hartbeespoort, North West - Gondola above Hartebeespoort Dam - Hartbeespoort Aerial Cableway
- Gondola in the National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, Pretoria
- Access to mountain tops of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in Hunan
- Access to between the two higher altitude mountain tops of Mount Tai in Shandong
- Huangshan has three cable cars going up the mountain: the Eastern Trail's Yungu Si cable car, The Western Trail's Yuping cable car, and Taiping cable car
- Ocean Park, Hong Kong Island - Cable car from Nam Long Shan Headland to Wong Chuk Hang within the Park
- Lantau Island - Ngong Ping 360, a 5.7 km cableway from MTR Tung Chung station to Ngong Ping Terminals near Po Lin Monastery. The cableway is part of the Ngong Ping 360 project.
- The Gulmarg Gondola in Jammu and Kashmir , one of the highest in Asia
- The Naina Devi Gondola in the state of Himachal Pradesh
- The Mansa Devi gondola in Haridwar
- Maa sharda temple ropeway in Maihar Madhya Pradesh, India.
- The Darjeeling Ropeway Gondola at Darjeeling in West Bengal
- The Timber Trail at Parwanoo in Himachal Pradesh
- The Solang Valley Ropeway near Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- The under-construction Dharamshala ropeway connecting Dharamshala and Mcleodganj, in Himachal Pradesh
- The Vaity Ropeway Resort, Saputara, Gujarat
- The Joshimath - Auli Ropeway, Auli
- The Dhuan Dhaar Ropeway, Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh
- The Rajgir Ropeway
- The Ropeway Over Gangtok City
- The Naini Jheel from the Ropeway, Nainital
- The Khotala Ropeway in South India
- The Kolkata Sciencity Ropeway in Kolkata
- The Mussoorie Ropeway in Mussoorie
- The Udaipur RopeWay, Udaipur
- The Ropeway Ride in Rajgir, Bihar
- Ancol Jakarta Bay City, Jakarta
- Kumala Island, Tenggarong
- Guci Cable Car, Tegal
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Jakarta
- Taman Safari Indonesia, Cisarua
- Dizin ski resort on the north mountains of Tehran at Gajereh region includes three gondola lifts. The lowest point of the region is 2650 m, while its highest point is 3600m above the sea level.
- The Pooladkaf gondola lift in Pooladkaf ski resort, near Sepidan, on the north mountains of Shiraz at Fars region. Elevation of this lift is from 2810 to 3231 meters from sea level.
- The Tochal gondola lift (Tele-cabin) from metropolitan Tehran to the Tochal Ski Resort
- Namakabrood gondola lift in Mazandaran Province in northern Iran. It cuts through a lush forest and connects the Alborz, one of the highest summits in the region, to the villa city on the coast of the Caspian Sea.
- Lahijan Cable Car in the Gilan province
- Eynali Cable in the north of Tabriz.
- Kibbutz Manara cliff cable cars, Upper Galilee - a vital connection to the valley below. It lifts people from Kiryat Shmona to Kibbutz Manara at the top of Manara Cliff.
Among 170 aerial lifts in Japan, 97 lines are gondola lifts, including 3 funitels. 65 gondola lifts operate full season. See the above article for the full listing of aerial lifts in the country (including aerial tramways). Gondola lifts with English articles include:
- Dragondola, Naeba, Yuzawa, Niigata, is the longest aerial lift in Japan (5.5 km), as well as the fastest gondola lift in the country (6 m/s)
- SP Gondola, Takasu Snow Park, Gujō, Gifu, also runs at 6 m/s
- Gozaisho Ropeway, Komono, Mie
- Katsuragiyama Ropeway, Izunokuni, Shizuoka
- Nikkō Shiranesan Ropeway, Katashina, Gunma
- Rusutsu Resort, Rusutsu, Hokkaidō
- Shin-Kōbe Ropeway, Kōbe, Hyōgo
- Sky Safari, Himeji Central Park, Himeji, Hyōgo
- The Teleferique connects the bay of Jounieh, a city 16 km north of the capital Beirut, to Harissa's Our Lady of Lebanon pilgrimage monument at about 650 meters above sea level. It is 1,570 meters long and travels at 3.15 meters/second. It holds an exceptional view to the Mediterranean, as well as a dense pine forest.
- Genting Skyway, connecting Gohtong Jaya to the hilltop resort of Genting Highlands, is one of the fastest gondola lift in Asia (6 m/s), and was the longest cable car in Southeast Asia
- Awana Skyway, connecting Awana Transport Hub, Chin Swee Temple and SkyAvenue in Genting Highlands, they are among the strongest monocable gondola installations in the world
- Langkawi Cable Car connects to Gunung Mat Cincang in the Langkawi Archipelago
- Manakamana Cable Car - Access to the very religiously regarded remote Manakamana Temple
- Chandragiri Cable Car from Thankot to Chandragiri hills.
- Ayubia National Park gondola lift
- A lift in the Sooda Region and one over the Abha city
- The Singapore Cable Car from Mount Faber to Sentosa Island; interesting in that it has an intermediate stop in a highrise building.
- Maokong Gondola, Taipei
- Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village Cable Car
- Hualien Ocean Park Gondola
- Sun Moon Lake Ropeway in Nantou County
- Wulai Gondola in New Taipei
- Jiufen Cable Car
- Bà Nà Hills, Danang
- Chua Huong cableway
- Xuan Huong gondola, Đà Lạt
- Huong Tich gondola, Hà Tĩnh
- Nui Ba Den gondola, Tây Ninh
- Nui Lon gondola, Vung Tau
- Ta Cu cableway, Bình Thuận
- Yen Tu gondola, Yên Tử, Quảng Ninh
- La Massana in Pal sector, Vallnord ski resort
- Els Orriols in Arinsal sector, Vallnord ski resort
- Soldeu in Soldeu sector, Grandvalira ski resort
- El Tarter in El Tarter sector, Grandvalira ski resort
- Canillo in Canillo sector, Grandvalira ski resort
Numerous resorts have plenty of lifts, too many to name here
- Shahdag Mountain Resort
- Tufan Dag
- Poma, Borovetz - Rila mntn
- Poma, Kartala - Rila mntn
- Doppelmayr, Sofia - Vitosha mntn
- Doppelmayr, Bansko - Pirin mntn
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Dubrovnik, to the top of the Srđ mountain
- Zagreb, 4.01 km line from the city to the top of the mount (closed since 2007) Sljeme
- Levi 2000 in Levi Ski Resort, year of construction 1999, route 1.41 km.
- Levi Express in Levi Ski Resort, year of construction 2007
- Ylläs 1 in Ylläs Ski Resort, year of construction 2007, route 2.01 km.
- Rike Park - Narikala, Tbilisi
- Freedom Square - Sololaki, Tbilisi
- Sololaki - Tabori, Tbilisi
- Argo, Batumi
- GoodAura, Gudauri
- Goodauri - Bidara - Pass Gudauri
- Pass - Kobi Gudauri
- Zanka, Goderdzi
- Nodo, Bakuriani
- Bad Dürkheim lift (shut down)
- IGA Cable Car, Berlin
- Bode Valley Gondola Lift, Thale, Lower Saxony
- Cologne Cable Car, Cologne
- Koblenz Cable Car, Koblenz, Germany's largest aerial lift
- Wurmberg Gondola Lift, Braunlage
- Seilbahn Rüdesheim am Rhein, Hessen
- Bielsko-Biała - Szyndzielnia - Ski gondola
- Elka cableway (pol. Kolej linowa „Elka”) in Silesian Park in Chorzów and Katowice.
- Krynica-Zdrój - Jaworzyna Krynicka - Ski gondola
- Świeradów-Zdrój - Stóg Izerski - Ski gondola
- Madeira - Funchal Cable Car - Tourist lift
- Lisbon - Telecabine Lisboa - Tourist lift
- Guimarães - Teleferico de Guimarães
- Constanţa - Mamaia - Summer seaside gondola.
- Piatra Neamţ - Tourist/ski gondola.
- Poiana Braşov - Ski gondola.
- Azuga - Ski gondola.
- Sinaia - Tourist/Ski gondola.(2 cable cars 1000-1400, 1400-2000)
- Vulcan, Hunedoara - Ski gondola.
- Straja, Hunedoara - Ski gondola
- Nizhny Novgorod - Nizhny Novgorod Cable Car, intercity gondola lift.
- Moscow - Moskva River Cable Car.
- Balkan Mountains - Jabučko ravnište
- Zlatibor - Zlatibor Gold Gondola (longest in the world at 9 km)
- Kopaonik -
- Kanin Cable Car in Bovec is the longest gondola lift in Slovenia. It takes skiers from the Bovec valley (436 m) to the central part of the ski slopes (2,200 m).
- Vogel Cable Car in Bohinj
- Velika Planina Cable Car in Kamniška Bistrica valley (supposedly longest unsupported cable car in Europe)
- Baqueira-Beret - Ski lift
- Barcelona - Montjuïc Cable Car
- Formigal - Ski lift, dismantled in 2004.
- La Pinilla - Ski lift
- Panticosa-Los Lagos - Ski lift.
- Sierra Nevada - Ski lift.
- Teleférico de Benalmádena - Tourist lift on the Costa Del Sol
- Telecabina de la Coma del Clot - Pulsed gondola lift at Vall de Núria, Catalonia.
- Teleférico de Madrid in Madrid, Community of Madrid. From Parque del Oeste to Casa de Campo.
- Vall de Núria telecabina - six-person cars in two sets of four each.
As this country has a lot of mountains, gondola lifts are very widely used.
- Gondelbahn Grindelwald-Männlichen is a 6071m tram with a journey time of 30 minutes.
- Seilbahnen Beatenberg-Niederhorn, from Beatenberg to the summit of the Niederhorn
Listed in the order of opening year.
- Balçova Gondola, İzmir (1974)
- Maçka Gondola, Istanbul line Tf1 (1993)
- Eyüp Gondola, Istanbul line Tf2 (2005)
- Samsun Amisos Hill Gondola, Samsun (2006)
- Keçiören Gondola, Ankara (2008)
- Aydın Pınarbaşı-Aytepe Gondola, Aydın (2009)
- Erciyes Lifos Gondola, Kayseri Province (2010s)
- Erciyes Tekir Gondola, Kayseri Province (2010s)
- Bergama Acropolis Gondola, İzmir Province (2010)
- Palandöken Gondola, Erzurum Province (2011)
- Şahinbey Park Gondola, Gaziantep (2011)
- Ordu Boztepe Gondola, Ordu (2012)
- Bursa Uludağ Gondola, Bursa Province (2013)
- Yenimahalle-Şentepe Gondola, Ankara (2014)
- Denizli Gondola, Denizli (2015)
- Tünektepe Gondola, Antalya (2017)
- Alanya Gondola, Alanya (2017)
The term cable car is used in the United Kingdom.
- Alton Towers Theme Park, Staffordshire
- Emirates Air Line, crossing the Thames at Greenwich, London
- Llandudno Cable Car, connecting the Great Orme to Llandudno in Wales
- Heights of Abraham Cable Car, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire,
- Nevis Range Ski Area, Fort William, Scotland
- Grizzly Express Gondola at Lake Louise Ski Area, Alberta (6 Person Gondola)
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola in Banff, Alberta (4 Person Bi-Cable Gondola)
- Sunshine Village Gondola near Banff, Alberta (8 Person, Triple Stage Gondola)
- Sea to Sky Gondola at Squamish, British Columbia
- Lara's Gondola at Big White Ski Resort near Kelowna, British Columbia (8 Person Gondola)
- Whistler Village Express Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (9 Person [8 sitting, one standing], Double Stage Gondola)
- Blackcomb Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (10 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Excalibur Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Creekside Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (6 Person Gondola)
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (28 Person Tri-Cable Gondola)
- Kadenwood Gondola at Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia (8 Person Pulse Gondola)
- Golden Eagle Express Gondola at Kicking Horse Resort, British Columbia (8 Person Gondola)
- Village Gondola at Panorama Ski Resort, British Columbia (8 Person Open-Air Pulse Gondola)
- Revelation Gondola at Revelstoke Mountain Resort near Revelstoke, British Columbia (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Burnaby Mountain Gondola in Burnaby, British Columbia (future)
- Village Gondola at Blue Mountain, Ontario (6 Person Open-Air Gondola) Summer Only. In the winter it is converted to a High Speed Six Person Chairlift.
- Télécabine Express at Mont Tremblant Resort, Québec (8 Person Gondola)
- Cabriolet at Mont Tremblant Resort, Québec (6 Person Open-Air Gondola)
- L'Étoile Filante at Mont Sainte-Anne, Québec (8 Person Gondola)
- L'Express du Village at Ski Bromont, Quebec (6 Person Chairlift/ 8 Person Gondola Combination)
- L'Hybride at Mount Orford in Magog, Quebec (6 Person Chairlift/ 8 Person Gondola Combination)
- Massif Express at Le Massif, Québec (8 Person, Double Stage Gondola)
- Teleférico de Amatitlán in Amatitlán
- Mexicable, a public transport system cable car of State of Mexico.
- Teleférico de Zacatecas, a tourist cable car in Zacatecas City, renovated and opened in 2018.
Ski Resort Gondolas
- Arizona Snowbowl
- Arizona Gondola
- Heavenly Gondola
- Mammoth Mountain
- Panorama Gondola
- Village Gondola
- Northstar California
- Big Springs Gondola
- Highlands Gondola (Pulse Gondola)
- Sugar Bowl
- Village Gondola
- Silver Queen Gondola
- Beaver Creek
- Haymeadow Express Gondola
- Riverfront Express Gondola
- BreckConnect Gondola
- River Run Gondola
- Outpost Gondola
- Elk Camp
- Sky Cab (Pulse Gondola, Cabriolet)
- Silver Bullet Gondola (first 8-passenger gondola in the world)
- Mountain Village Gondola
- Eagle Bahn Gondola
- Gondola One
- Winter Park
- The Gondola
- Village Cabriolet (Cabriolet)
- Lutsen Mountains
- Yellowstone Club
- Eglise Gondola
- Mountain Creek
- The Cabriolet (Cabriolet)
- Gondolita (Pulse Gondola)
- Deer Valley
- Jordanelle Express Gondola
- Park City
- Cabriolet Gondola (Cabriolet)
- Frostwood Gondola (Pulse Gondola)
- Quicksilver Gondola
- Red Pine Gondola
- Needles Express Gondola
- Strawberry Express Gondola
- K-1 Express Gondola
- Skyeship Express Gondola
- Over Easy Gondola
- Crystal Mountain
- Mount Rainier Gondola
- Jackson Hole
- Bridger Gondola
- Sweetwater Gondola
- Skyride, Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Skyride, Riverfront Park, Spokane, Washington
- Skyfari, San Diego Zoo, California
- Skyfari, Bronx Zoo, New York State (Removed in 2008)
- Skyride, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Tampa, Florida
- Trees of Mystery, California
- Skytrail (pulse gondola)
- Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- Iron Mountain Tramway
- Water World, Colorado
- Fun House Express (pulse gondola)
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Mississippi Aerial River Transit (Dismantled in 1994).
- Joseph, Oregon
- Pipestem, West Virginia
- Sterling Vineyards, Calistoga, California
- Skyway, Disneyland, California (1st in the US, removed in 1995)
- Bayside Skyride, SeaWorld, San Diego, California
- Wildcat Gondola Skyride, Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, New Hampshire, (This gondola is converted to a quad chair-lift for skiing in the winter)
- Skyride, Minnesota State Fair, Falcon Heights, Minnesota
- Texas Skyway, Fair Park, Dallas, Texas
- Royal Gorge Gondola, Royal Gorge Bridge, Cañon City, Colorado
- Disney Skyliner, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
- Bud Light Seltzer Skyview, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
- Arthurs Seat, Victoria. The Eagle opened on 3 December 2016. Made by Doppelmayr.
- Taronga Park Zoo, Sydney
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Cairns
- Horse Hill Lift, Mount Buller, Victoria †
- Kosciusko Express lift, Thredbo, New South Wales †
- Merritts Gondola, Thredbo, New South Wales (Opening 2020)
† Note: Horse Hill and Kosciusko Express are combined lifts (or 'chondolas') where gondolas and four seat detachable chairs can be added to a cable according to demand.
A complete list of all 400 Australian aerial and ski lifts. It includes a dozen gondolas.
- Skyline Gondola, Queenstown
- Skyline Gondola, Mt Ngongotahā, Rotorua
- Christchurch Gondola, Heathcote Valley, Port Hills
- Skywaka Gondola, Whakapapa ski field, Mt Ruapehu
- All lifts at the list of New Zealand ski lifts
- "Telecabina" (Chapelco Ski resort)
- Aerogondolas (Skyride), Parque de la Ciudad Theme Park, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- "Telecabina Amancay", Cerro Catedral Ski Resort, San Carlos de Bariloche
- "Telecabina Jean Pierre", Cerro Bayo Ski Resort, Villa La Angostura
- "Teleférico San Bernardo", Salta, Argentina
- Mi Teleférico (La Paz). First three lines opened in 2014, six more lines are being planned. At 10 km (6.2 mi) in length, Phase One (the first three lines) was considered to be the longest aerial cable car system in the world upon its completion in 2014. The Phase Two expansion would extend the system by some 20 km (12 mi).
- Teleférico do Alemão, a cable car servicing the Complexo do Alemão favela in Rio de Janeiro.
- Teleférico da Providência, a cable car servicing the Providência neighbourhood in Rio de Janeiro.
- "Bondinho Parque Unipraias", a tourist cable car in Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina.
- "Bondinhos Aéreos Parque da Serra", a tourist cable car in Canela, Rio Grande do Sul.
- "Bontur Bondinhos Aéreos", a tourist cable car in Aparecida, São Paulo.
- Santiago Cable Car. In Santiago, a tramway was open on April 1, 1980, in San Cristóbal Hill. With 72 cabins moving at 4 meters per second, its biggest tower is 124.6 ft (38 m) tall, and the smallest 26.2 ft (8 m). The Teleférico de Santiago has 12 towers and takes almost 20 minutes to cover the 3 miles (4860 m) route, powered by a 100 hp engine.
- Gondola lift at the Colombian Coffee Park
- In the Colombian National Coffee Park in Montenegro, department of Quindío, there is a tourist tramway hovering over the park.
- Metrocable is an urban public transit system serving the steep areas of Medellín. The system is interconnected with the metropolitan train system, Metro de Medellín.
- In the Chicamocha National Park (Santander), there is a tourist cable car system connecting the "Panachi" station with the town of "Meseta de los Santos", across the Chicamocha Canyon. Total length of 6.3 km.
- Telefériqo in Quito. Gondola lift.
- Metrocable is an urban public transit system in Caracas.
- Teleférico de Caracas ascends El Ávila Mountain within El Ávila National Park, in Caracas
- "Things to See in Huang Shan | Frommer's". Frommers.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Dizin Ski Slope". Iran Ski Federation. Archived from the original on January 11, 2007. Retrieved July 28, 2006.
- "Persian language web site". Retrieved July 28, 2006.
- "Teleferique of Lebanon". Teleferiquelb.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Discover Wulai in Northern Taiwan! Wulai Travel Secrets!". Taiwanese-secrets.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Nakon 19 godina ponovo u pogonu dubrovačka žičara (FOTOGALERIJA) > Slobodna Dalmacija". Slobodnadalmacija.hr. 2010-07-10. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- pt:Teleférico da Expo
- "Telecabina de la Coma del Clot". trenscat.com (in Catalan). Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "TPH 2S Rosales - Casa de Campo". remontees-mecaniques.net (in French). Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Männlichenbahn". Männlichenbahn. Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- Best, Snows (December 6, 2018). "Thredbo's new 8 person gondola and Merritts development". Snowsbest. Retrieved August 14, 2019.
- "Evo autoriza la construcción de seie nuevas líneas de teleférico en La Paz y El Alto". www.paginasiete.bo. 26 January 2015.