Mid-November to Late December
With abundant early season snowfall (averaging 2.4 meters or about 8 feet in November alone!), smaller crowds, some of the best prices of the season, and a wonderfully festive atmosphere as you get closer to the holidays, it’s easy to see why early season is such a great time to visit.
Early Season Details:
- Value: High
- Average Snowfall: 249 centimeters (98 inches) in November, 227 centimeters (89 inches) in December
- Terrain Open: Mid-mountain piste with alpine terrain and ski-outs as snow falls
- Featured Events: Opening Day celebration, Whistler Film Festival.
- Whistler Mountain typically opens even earlier than planned, so be prepared at least a week or two out to get your first turns in.
- GORE-TEX® products are best to keep you warm and dry all day long. It's especially important in the early season when we see a mixture of precipitation.