If you're curious about why we ask you to verify your account (either when creating it, or before you can access Plenty of Fish on multiple devices), or you want more information on the steps to verify your account, you can read all about Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
In order to verify your account, you need to have a mobile phone number. Unfortunately, landlines and internet phone numbers won't cut it here.
If you are having issues verifying, try the following:
- Restart your smartphone by turning it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on.
- Delete and redownload the Plenty Of Fish app.
- Have a test SMS message sent to your phone from a friend or family member, exactly as you entered it when signing up, including the country code.
Didn't receive the 6-digit code by SMS?
- Wait for the SMS timer to expire before trying to resend the code.
- Don't try to guess the code! You can be locked you out for an extended period of time for getting it wrong.
Note: Your carrier may charge you to receive SMS messages.
Receiving an Invalid Phone Number Error?
Plenty of Fish requires a mobile phone that can receive text messages to verify an account. This means we don't support landlines or the use of one-off messaging services. If your phone number uses an area code where Plenty of Fish is unavailable, we won't be able to verify your account.
For security sake, the number you enter should belong only to you, to keep access to your profile secure at all times.
Being asked to verify every time you log in from the same device?
Typically, we only ask you to verify once for each new device.
- To determine whether your device is trusted, we use a cookie to store a piece of data. If your browser does not store cookies, or you set it to not accept them, you will be asked to verify every time you log in.
- If you use Private Browsing or Incognito Mode while online, you will need to verify on each login to Plenty of Fish.
- If you do not use Private Browsing or Incognito Mode Mode and your browser accepts cookies, but you still need to verify, you can reach out to our Support team for help.
Don't own a mobile number or can't receive text messages?
If you do not own a cell phone or are unable to receive text messages you're still free to meet other singles in your area! We'll just need you to verify your account through a different way.