Download (TV series)
|Also known as||Friday Night Download (2007)|
|Created by||Endemol Southern Star|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||8 (as of 30 October 2008)|
|Production locations||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Running time||Approx. 42 minutes (60 minutes Including commercials)|
|Production company||Endemol Southern Star|
|Original network||Network Ten|
|Original release||26 October 2007 –|
24 October 2008
Download (formerly Friday Night Download) is an Australian TV show hosted by Friday Night Games hosts Mike Goldman, Ryan Fitzgerald and Bree Amer. The show first aired on 26 October 2007. A second series began on 17 October 2008, but the show was pulled from schedules only two episodes into its run.
Download also labels the hosts' top 5 favourite video downloads, each one shown just before a commercial break.
The Sydney Morning Herald TV critic noted that the videos shown on the show could be viewed as easily on the internet without advertisement breaks, and as such claimed it should be "hosed off the pavement forthwith".
The show only averaged 748,000 viewers on its premiere night and was beaten by the Seven Network's Better Homes and Gardens. Although rating good enough for Ten to retain the show for their 2008 lineup, the show was axed when it slumped to 526,000 viewers in its last aired episode.
- Knox, David (27 September 2008). "Returning: Download". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 28 September 2008. Retrieved 27 September 2008.
- Knox, David (28 October 2008). "Axed: Download". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 31 October 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2008.
- Elliott, Tim (26 October 2007). "Friday Night Download". TV & Radio. Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 27 October 2007. Retrieved 23 July 2008.
- Knox, David (29 October 2007). "Ratings Week 44". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 26 July 2020. Retrieved 17 April 2021.
- "TEN announces winning 2008 lineup". eBroadcast. 21 November 2007. Archived from the original on 24 December 2007. Retrieved 23 July 2008.