Darkseid (real name: Uxas) is one of the main antagonists in the Superman comics and other DC media. He is a merciless tyrant and a member of an extraterrestrial race of deities known as New Gods. He was widely regarded as one of the DC universe's most powerful and malevolent villains of all time.
Darkseid is also the inspiration for Thanos of Marvel comics, as stated several times by Thanos original creators.
- Steppenwolf (General)
- Desaad (Majordomo)
- Kalibak (Darkseid's second son)
- Virman Vundabar (Lieutenant)
- Kanto (Assassin)
- Mantis (Assassin)
- Granny Goodness (Lieutenant)
- The Female Furies (Granny's Team of Female Assassins and Darkseid's Honor Guard)
- Parademons (Shock-Trooper foot soldiers)
- Apokolips Soldiers (Foot soldiers)
- Dog Cavalry (Rider Foot Soldiers)
- Darkseid is one of the most trusted allies of the Grand Monarch of Evil: Dark Specter.
- Centuries ago, Darkseid and his empire were at war with their planet's sister world New Genesis led by his arch rival and enemy, Highfather. However as both sides weren't able to beat the other they made a rather uneasy truce when both rulers exchanged both of their first born infants sons to each other. Darkseid exchanged his son Orion, to Highfather, while Highfather exchanged his son, Scott Free/Mister Miracle, to Darkseid, though out of reluctance.
- Darkseid's name and power is feared by nearly all villains whose powers are beneath his and empire's might.