This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)
|Genre(s)||Scrolling shooter, Real-time tactics|
The game is played on a two-dimensional side-scrolling playfield, where two players start at main bases on opposing sides of the field. The player operates a Choplifter-esque helicopter defending a string of advancing units, which the player purchases throughout the game. The objective is to create and defend a force that can escort a van filled with explosives to the enemy base at the other end of the playing field.
Along the way a series of smaller bunkers act as obstacles by flying balloons which, when operating for the opposing team, will destroy the player helicopter (the cable will severely damage the helicopter). The bunkers may be taken over by delivering enough infantry units, which may reach the bunker either by walking all the way from a main base without being killed, or by being carried there more quickly in the player helicopter.
The helicopter begins with three weapons: heat-seeking missiles, machine guns, and bombs. As the game progresses, additional weaponry is introduced.
- The V.I.P. of Gaming Magazine #5 (Sept./Oct., 1986)
- Reagan, Jim (10 October 1985). "New York Computer Software Company Takes Off In Japan". The Telegraph. p. 32. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Hague, James. "The Giant List of Classic Game Programmers".
- "Top 100 Games of All Time". Next Generation. No. 21. Imagine Media. September 1996. pp. 56, 59.
- Parfitt, Ben (3 September 2007). "Glory Days 2". MCV. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.