The Lost Symbol (TV series)
|Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol|
|Based on||The Lost Symbol|
by Dan Brown
|Country of origin||United States|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, or simply The Lost Symbol, is a upcoming American action-adventure television series based on Dan Brown's 2009 novel, The Lost Symbol. The series features Ashley Zukerman as Robert Langdon, and is being developed on Peacock.
The plot reportedly revolves around a young Robert Langdon, who is hired by the CIA to solve a number of deadly puzzles when his mentor goes missing.
- Ashley Zukerman as Robert Langdon
- Valorie Curry as Katherine Solomon
- Eddie Izzard as Peter Solomon
- Sumalee Montano as Sato, Director of the OS
- Rick Gonzalez as Nunez, a uniformed Capitol policeman
- Beau Knapp as Mal'akh
- Raoul Bhaneja
- Sammi Rotibi as Agent Adamu
- Keenan Jolliff as Zachary Solomon
Originally developed as a movie to have starred Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and to be produced and directed by Ron Howard for Columbia Pictures along with the franchise's producers Brian Grazer and John Calley. Between 2010 and 2013 Sony Pictures eventually hired three screenwriters for the project, Steven Knight, Dan Brown himself, and Danny Strong. In July 2013, Sony Pictures announced they would instead adapt Inferno for an October 14, 2016 release
In June 2019, the project was announced to be re-conceived as a television series tentatively titled Langdon. The series will serve as a prequel to the film series, with Dan Dworkin and Jay Beattie serving as co-creators, showrunners and executive producers. Dan Brown, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo, Samie Falvey and Anna Culp will act as additional executive producers. The show will be a co-production between Imagine Television Studios, CBS Studios, and Universal Television Studios and was ordered to series on NBC. In March 2021, it was announced the series was picked up to series by Peacock. The new title of the series, Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, was revealed on May 17, 2021, with a trailer for the series. The first episode will be directed by Dan Trachtenberg, who also is an executive producer on the series.
In March 2020 it was announced that Ashley Zukerman has been cast to portray Robert Langdon. In June 2020 it was announced that Valorie Curry and Eddie Izzard had been cast as Katherine and Peter Solomon. A few days later additional cast members were announced, Sumalee Montano as Sato, Director of the OS, Rick Gonzalez as Nunez, a uniformed Capitol policeman and Beau Knapp as Mal’akh, who takes Langdon on a dangerous and arcane mission. In June 2021, Raoul Bhaneja, Sammi Rotibi, and Keenan Jolliff were cast in recurring roles.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 9, 2021). "'Dan Brown's Langdon' NBC Pilot Picked Up To Series By Peacock". Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- "NBC Nabs Robert Langdon Drama Based On Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol' From Imagine With Big Commitment". June 5, 2019. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Fleming, Michael (2009-04-20). "Columbia moves on 'Symbol'". Variety.com. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "The Mystery of Dan Brown". The Guardian. London. September 2009. Retrieved September 22, 2009.
- Siegel, Tatiana (February 3, 2010). "Columbia finds 'Symbol'; Knight to adapt third book in 'Da Vinci Code' series". Variety. Reed Business Information. Retrieved February 4, 2010.
- Fernandez, Jay A.; Kit, Borys (2010-12-20). "EXCLUSIVE: Dan Brown Taking Over 'Lost Symbol' Screenplay". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on November 14, 2014. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Kilday, Gregg (October 9, 2014). "Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' Shifts Opening to 2016". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- The Deadline Team (July 16, 2013). "Tom Hanks And Ron Howard To Return For Next Dan Brown Movie 'Inferno'; Sony Sets December 2015 Release Date". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Del Rosario, Alexandra (May 17, 2021). "'Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol' Trailer: Ashley Zukerman Embarks On Trail Of Mysteries, Riddles In Peacock Drama".
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 2, 2020). "'Langdon': Ashley Zukerman To Play Famed Symbologist In NBC Pilot Based On Dan Brown's 'Lost Symbol'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 23, 2020). "'Langdon': Valorie Curry & Eddie Izzard Cast In NBC Pilot Based On Dan Brown's 'Lost Symbol'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 19, 2020.
- Petski, Denise (June 26, 2020). "'Langdon': Sumalee Montano, Rick Gonzalez & Beau Knapp Cast In NBC Pilot Based On Dan Brown's 'Lost Symbol'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 19, 2020.
- Del Rosario, Alexandra (June 24, 2021). "'Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol': Raoul Bhaneja, Sammi Rotibi & Keenan Jolliff Join Peacock Drama Series As Recurring". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 24, 2021.