The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are one of the most idiosyncratic, infectious, and popular creations in comic books, and continue to thrive today with live-action movies, cartoons, and - yes - comic books.
IDW Publishing has led the TMNT revival in comics after Nickelodeon acquired the franchise in 2009, having found a winning formula by blending modern aesthetics with the continued involvement of the Turtles' original creators Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman.
A vibrant new facet to the TMNT franchise emerged recently with the dark, near-future world of TMNT: Last Ronin. This Dark Knight Returns-esque vision of a dystopian future finds three of the founding turtles dead and a fourth looking for revenge. The five-issue limited series is currently on a quarterly schedule, with the next issue going on sale on September 1.
Meanwhile in the flagship Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles title, writer/artist Sophie Campbell continues to push the founding four (and new recruit, Jennika) further into the sci-fi aspects of the franchise creators Eastman and Laird previously seeded back in the '80s.
And while Jennika is blending in with the team in the main title, the female turtle is also starring in her second limited series - titled, aptly enough, Jennika II.
And that's not to mention the numerous new TMNT collections coming out at almost a weekly clip, putting recent arcs all in one place and, in some cases, bringing back in print storylines that haven't been available for years.
For more on all of IDW Publishing's TMNT offerings, check out its monthly schedule with the company's various monthly solicitations:
Here's a week-by-week rundown of new TMNT comics:
Wednesday, July 28
- TMNT: Best of Casey Jones TPB Contents unlisted
Wednesday, August 18
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Jennika II TPB Collects Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Jennika #1 - #5.
Wednesday, August 25
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #120 by writer Sophie Campbell and artist Jodie Nishijima
Wednesday, September 1
- TMNT: The Last Ronin #4 (of 5) by writers Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and Tom Waltz, with artists Ben Bishop, Esau Escorza, Issac Escorza, and Eastman
Wednesday, September 8
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #121 by writer Sophie Campbell and artist Jodi Nishijima
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin Design Archive #1
Wednesday, September 22
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reborn Volume 3: Time After Time TPB Collects Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #112 - #117
Wednesday, November 23
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection, Vol. 1 TPB Collects IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - #12, as well as the Micro-Series one-shots Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, and Splinter