Mike Richards (television personality)
Michael G. Richards
July 5, 1975
Burbank, California, United States
|Occupation||Television personality, producer|
Michael G. Richards (born July 5, 1975, in Burbank, California), is an American television producer and personality.
Richards is best known as the second host of Beauty and the Geek, and has produced numerous game shows including Weakest Link. Richards was, until the end of the 2018–19 season, the executive producer of The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal and was a candidate to host The Price is Right before Drew Carey was chosen. Richards hosted GSN's 2012 revival of The Pyramid and the network's 2016–17 version of Divided. Richards left both shows in 2019 and joined Sony Pictures Television, where he has been assigned to Who Wants to be a Millionaire? as a co-executive producer with Jimmy Kimmel, who is also the host of the show, and Michael Davies for the eight-episode run in the 2019–20 season. For the 2020–21 season, Richards succeeded the retiring Harry Friedman as executive producer of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!.
- Cristina Kinon (2009-08-04). "Inner Tube: Wayne Brady will host new version of 'Let's Make a Deal' on CBS this fall". Daily News. New York. Retrieved 2009-08-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Stuart Levine (2008-08-03). "'Price' names executive producer: Mike Richards to join 'Right' team". Variety. Retrieved 2008-08-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "GSN Announces Premiere of The Pyramid on Monday, September 3" (Press release). GSN Corporate. 12 July 2012. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "GSN Debuts New Original Game Show Series Divided with Season 4 Premiere of Idiotest on Thursday, January 19" (Press release). GSN Corporate. December 12, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Petski, Denise (August 29, 2019). "Mike Richards To Executive Produce 'Jeopardy!' & 'Wheel Of Fortune' When Harry Friedman Exits Next Year". Deadline. Retrieved October 31, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'Jeopardy!' announces executive producer Mike Richards as new guest host". WDJT-TV. February 22, 2021. Retrieved February 26, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)