Fritz Lang filmography
Fritz Lang (1890–1976) was an Austrian film director, producer and screenwriter. In Lang's early career he worked primarily as a screenwriter, finishing film scripts in four to five days. Lang directed major German films of the silent and early sound eras including Metropolis (1927) and M (1931) respectively. After fleeing from the Nazi regime, Lang directed some of the most important American crime and film noir motion pictures of the studio era, such as The Big Heat (1953). Lang appeared as himself in Jean-Luc Godard's Contempt (Le Mepris, 1963).
- "Fritz Lang > Filmography". Allmovie. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- McGilligan, Patrick (June 1997). Fritz Lang: the nature of the beast. St. Martin's Press. pp. 483–503. ISBN 0-312-19454-4.
- Eisner, Lotte H (1986). Fritz Lang. Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-306-80271-6. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Grant, Barry Keith (2007). Film genre: from iconography to ideology. Wallflower Press. ISBN 978-1-904764-79-3. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Eisner, 1986. p. 407
- Ankeny, Jason. "Fritz Lang > Biography – Allmovie". Allmovie. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Grant, 2007. p. 71