The official trailer for Friends: The Reunion finally dropped on Wednesday and gave fans a glimpse of what to expect from the episode.
The two-minute clipped teased a look into the highly-anticipated reunion between all six original cast members, Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green), Courteney Cox (Monica Geller), David Schwimmer (Ross Geller), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffay), Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing) and Matt LeBlanc (Joey Tribbiani).
- Watch: Angry Elk Charges At Tourists To Protect Young Tourists were forced to run away after an elk aggressively charged towards them to protect her young at Evergreen Lake, in Colorado. Newsweek
- Video Shows Catalan Independence Leader Dolors Bassa Released From Jail After Pardon Nine leaders of the Catalan separatist movement were pardoned and released from prison June 23, Spanish Prime Minster Pedro Sánchez announced. This footage shows former labor minister Dolors Bassa leaving the Puig de les Basses prison in Girona, Spain to cheers from supporters. Newsweek
- This Rare Color Video Footage Of The Sunset Strip In 1963 Is Going Viral This footage shared to Twitter has since amassed more than 600,000 views. Former and currents residents have been sharing their own photos and memories of L.A. from yesteryear. Newsweek
The trailer features a host of exciting moments from the upcoming special, including the cast walking back onto the set for the first time, exploring their characters' old apartments and answering questions on the iconic couch.
Here's everything we learned from the trailer.
James Corden is hosting the cast interview
In the snippet, James Corden can be heard announcing the cast to a small audience situated outside the fountain from the series' title credits.
The Late Late Show host then quizzes the cast on what went on behind the scenes of the show and hotly debated fan topics.
The cast (mostly) agree Ross and Rachel were on a break
Fans finally got an answer to the question that has been asked since the show ended 17 years ago, were Ross and Rachel on a break?
In a shocking turn of events twist the cast unanimously agreed that the pair were on a break, with the exception of LeBlanc, who hailed it "b*******."
Jennifer Aniston had doubters over her role
Video: Official trailer for ‘Friends’ reunion is released (TODAY)
- Derek Chauvin to be sentenced Friday for murdering George Floyd All eyes are on the Minneapolis courthouse where former police officer Derek Chauvin will be sentenced Friday for the murder of George Floyd. TODAY’s Craig Melvin reports from the scene. TODAY
- Why did Florida condo collapse? The full investigation into why a Florida condo collapsed could take months, but we’re already learning more about the building and its history. The focus in on concrete and steel. NBC’s Sam Brock reports for TODAY from Surfside, Florida. TODAY
- Fire rescue chief: ‘There’s always hope’ of survivors of Florida condo collapse Andy Alvarez, Miami-Dade fire rescue chief, joins TODAY to talk about the partial collapse of a condo building near Miami Beach and the rescue efforts underway to find nearly 100 missing residents, which include “hundreds of firefighters on the scene actively searching” for survivors, he says. He adds: “There’s always hope … that’s why we’re here.” TODAY
Teasing a glimpse into life before Rachel, Aniston revealed that when she told the producer of the show she was working on the time that she was going to do Friends, he said: "That show's not going to make you a star."
Courteney Cox used to write her lines on the table
LeBlanc revealed a behind-the-scenes titbit as he explored the set.
As he walked around, he stopped at the table, asking his castmates: "Does Courteney still have her lines written on the table?"
We will get to see the actors in character in some way
While we already know that the reunion will not be a new scripted episode, the trailer does promise plenty of nostalgic nods to previous episodes.
One shot shows the cast sat down together at a table read as they re-enacted the lines from "The One Where Everyone Finds Out," the episode where Phoebe finds out about Chandler and Monica's relationship.
Kudrow was praised online for the perfect execution of her famous line, "my eyes, my eyes."
Another shot showed the cast answering Friends trivia in the format of the game in fan-favorite episode "The One with the Embryos," where Phoebe gets an embryo implant to become a surrogate for her brother. The game sees the cast answer questions from various categories including fears and pet peeves, ancient history and literature.
Despite there being plenty of excitement around the episode, not all fans were pleased with the recent celebrity guest line-up announcement.
The line-up features a string of A-list celebrities including K-pop superstars BTS, singers Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, model Cara Delevingne and activist Malala Yousafzai.
Some fans criticized the show for not including any Black celebrities in the line-up.
HBO Max did not respond to Newsweek's request for comment at the time.
Friends: The Reunion will air on HBO Max on May 27.
- Why Some People Are Upset About 'Friends: The Reunion'
- You Can Stay at Monica and Rachel's 'Friends' Apartment For Just $19.94 a Night
- 'Friends' Fans Can Now Stay in Themed Airbnb Complete With Foosball Table