List of African countries by population
This is a list of African countries and dependent territories sorted by population, which is sorted by normalized demographic projections from the most recently available census or demographic data. Africa remains one of the world's fastest growing regions. 60% of Africa is 25 years of age or younger, making democracy and growth in the continent a matter of policy and economic significance.
- "Africa's economic growth in a new global context". ODI.
- "Population" (PDF). www.un.org. Retrieved 2020-06-09.
- "African countries by population (2019)". Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- ""World Population prospects – Population division"". population.un.org. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- ""Overall total population" – World Population Prospects: The 2019 Revision" (xslx). population.un.org (custom data acquired via website). United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- "Population by Country (2020)". Worldometer. Retrieved 2020-06-09.
- Administration is split between Morocco and the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, both of which claim the entire territory.