Laura Rose Parker Bowles
1978 (age 43–44)
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
|Parent(s)||Andrew Parker Bowles|
|Relatives||Tom Parker Bowles (brother)|
Charles, Prince of Wales (stepfather)
Laura Rose Lopes (née Parker Bowles; born 1978) is an English art curator. She is the daughter of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Andrew Parker Bowles, and the stepdaughter of Charles, Prince of Wales.
Family, education and career
Laura Lopes grew up at Bolehyde Manor in Allington, and later Middlewick House in Corsham, both in Wiltshire. She and her brother Tom were raised as Roman Catholics. Their father is Catholic, as was their paternal grandmother, Ann.
Lopes was educated at St Mary's Shaftesbury, a Catholic girls boarding school in Dorset. In the 1980s, she and her brother attended Heywood Preparatory School in Corsham. She later attended Oxford Brookes University, where she studied History of Art and Marketing.
In 2001, Lopes spent three months as an intern at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice, which she said years later that she still visited when in Venice. She was Tatler's motoring correspondent in 2001 while her brother Tom was a food columnist at the same magazine. Lopes managed The Space Gallery in London's Belgravia area in the mid-2000s, and in October 2005 became a co-founding partner and gallery director of London's Eleven gallery.
Marriage and children
On 6 May 2006, she married chartered accountant Harry Lopes, grandson of Massey Lopes, 2nd Baron Roborough and Helen Dawson, as well as of Gavin Astor and Irene Haig of the Astor family. The wedding took place at St Cyriac's Church, an 11th-century Anglican church in Lacock, Wiltshire. Lopes wore a wedding dress by Anna Valentine, the designer known for designing her mother's dress for her wedding to the Prince of Wales in 2005. Between 400 and 500 guests attended the wedding, and more than 2000 well-wishers lined the streets after the ceremony. The reception was held at Ray Mill, the nearby estate of the bride's mother.
Lopes gave birth to a daughter, Eliza, on 16 January 2008. On 30 December 2009 she gave birth to fraternal twin boys, Gus and Louis. Eliza was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on 29 April 2011.
- "Curator Laura Parker Bowles attends the private view..." Getty images. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Sara Parker Bowles (3 December 2013). "Alice and Laura's Pimlico Road Christmas Pop up shop". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Why postponing Royal wedding is right thing to do - News - Scotsman.com". News.scotsman.com. 5 April 2005. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Dignified silence of the other half". Halifax Courier. 30 March 2005.
A history graduate, she runs The Space Gallery in London’s Belgravia and is described as 'level-headed'. After attending a convent boarding school in Dorset, she went backpacking with friends through South America.
- "Camilla goes back to school in Corsham". wiltshiretimes.co.uk. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Lifestyles". Hello Magazine. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Tom and Laura". Hello Magazine. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Deakin, Annie; Shaw, Lucy (30 March 2007). "The World Experts; Gallerists". The Evening Standard.
The 28-year-old daughter of Camilla Parker Bowles is gallery director at Eleven Fine Art. ... When in Venice I visit the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, where I studied.
- Slater, Nigel (10 June 2001). "Top nosh, not too posh". The Guardian.
(Laura Parker Bowles is Tatler's motoring correspondent.)
- Newsweek Staff (5 April 2005). "Meet the Parker Bowles Windsors". Newsweek.
Laura has backpacked around South America with friends, works in an art gallery in London's Belgravia area and is said to be very close to both her mother and father Andrew Parker Bowles.
- "In the December issue: Sam Pelly's exhibition launch". Tatler. 1 November 2004.
Jam the Clam entertained the throng with delicious oysters and jokes, and lovely Laura Parker Bowles (the gallery's manager) ran around plying everyone with alcohol.
- Gleadell, Colin (3 July 2007). "Market News: Colin Gleadell rounds up the latest developments in the art market". The Telegraph.
Hats off to Charlie Phillips and Laura Parker Bowles of Eleven gallery in Pimlico, south London, who have given the famous milliner Philip Treacy the run of the gallery for its latest exhibition, which opens tomorrow.
- "About". Eleven. Eleven. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "Camilla's daughter marries model". BBC News. 6 May 2006. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Camilla's daughter hitched". Wales Online. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Almost Royal Bride: Laura Parker Bowles". papermag.com. 7 June 2006. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Laura Parker Bowles Marries Former Model". The Washington Post. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Laura Parker-Bowles marries Harry Lopes". tatler.com. 10 June 2006. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "A Stylish Union". Vogue. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Update: Laura Lopes welcomes daughter Eliza". People. 18 January 2008. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "Two more grandchildren for Camilla". The Sydney Morning Herald. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's bridesmaids and page boys". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 July 2012.