Storm Christoph 2021: Latest travel updates for the North West and Lancashire
20 January 2021, 07:54 | Updated: 21 January 2021, 07:48
The latest travel updates from the Heart North West team, updated throughout the day.
Storm Christoph has brought gales and floods to the UK, and it has severely affected roads and public transport routes in the North West.
An Amber weather warning for rain has been issued for parts of central northern England, which affects an area around Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield and stretches down to Peterborough.
A major incident in South Yorkshire was declared in preparation for flooding, with Ros Jones - Mayor of Doncaster - saying that sandbags were being handed out to areas at high risk.
Here's how it is affecting roads and public transport right now...
· Northern Trains are advising customers not to travel until at least 12pm
· Service suspended on Northern between Salford Crescent and Wigan Wallgate, between Salford Crescent and Wigan North Western and between Salford Crescent and Bolton because of flooding.
· Service suspended on Northern between Wigan Wallgate and Southport because of flooding.
· Service via Stoke-on-Trent suspended on CrossCountry between Stockport and Stafford, and Avanti West Coast between Stockport and Lichfield Trent Valley because of flooding.
· Service via Newton-le-Willows suspended on Transpennine Express between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Victoria, and Transport for Wales between Warrington Bank Quay and Manchester Piccadilly because of flooding.
· Service via Warrington Central suspended on East Midlands Railway and Northern between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Piccadilly because of flooding.
· Buses run instead of trains on Avanti West Coast and Transport for Wales between Chester and Crewe because of landslip.
· Service suspended on Avanti West Coast and London Northwestern between Crewe and Liverpool Lime Street because of signalling problem. Tickets accepted on Northern services.
· Buses run instead of trains on Northern between Hebden Bridge and Rochdale because of flooding.
· Service suspended on Northern between Wigan Wallgate and Kirkby because of flooding.
· Service suspended on Northern between Manchester Piccadilly and Chester because of flooding.
· Buses run instead of trains on Northern between Manchester Piccadilly and Newton-le-Willows because of flooding.
· Buses run instead of trains on East Midlands Railway between Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent, and London Northwestern · between Crewe and Stafford because of flooding.
· Buses run instead of trains on Merseyrail between Rock Ferry and Chester, and between Rock Ferry and Ellesmere Port because of flooding at Hooton.
· WILMSLOW The A34 Pendleton Way is closed from Harden Park Roundabout to Prestbury Roundabout
· CHESTER The A41 Whitchurch Road between Broxton and Milton Green
· TARPORLEY The A49 is closed from the Cotebrook to the Tarporley
· LOWER WHITLEY Tarporley Road from Tall Trees Junction to Street Lane
· WHITCHURCH The A49 Whitchurch Road is closed from the Ridley to Bickley Moss
· ACTON BRIDGE The A49 Warrington Road in Acton Bridge, from Acton Swing Bridge to Weaverham Turn Off
· KIRKBY Flooding has closed Valley Road in Kirkby, from Kirkby Row to Bewley Drive. There's a diversion in place - for bus route 20 and 21
· WIDNES Derby Road is closed going East to Mill Lane in Widnes, because of flooding
· NANTWICH Flooding has closed the A51 Nantwich Road from the A49 Tarporley to Wardle
· TARPORLEY The A51 High Street is closed from the A49 Tarporley to Clotton, because of flooding
· BROUGHTON Flooding has closed Main Road from Broad Oak Avenue to Broughton Hall Road
· BRETTON Chester Road is blocked at Bretton Lane
· STANDISH Flooding has closed Chorley Road between Red Rock Lane and Boar's Head
· BRIMSTAGE Brimstage Road is closed between Manor Road and J4 of the M53
· NANTWICH Flooding has closed Shrewbridge Road between Park Road and Coole Lane
· BROXTON Broxton Road is closed from the Broxton to Clutton, because of flooding
· CHESTER Flooding has closed the A540 Parkgate Road in Chester, between Blacon roundabout and Mollington Turn-off
· CHESTER Countess Way is closed from Blacon roundabout to Parkgate roundabout in Chester, because of flooding
· CHESTER Flooding has closed Deva Link in Chester, from Blacon roundabout to Saughall Road
· NORTH WALES The A548 is closed from Gwespyr to Penyffordd, because of flooding
· NORTH WALES The exit slip road is closed coming off the A55 North Wales Expressway going West at J33A for Northop Hall West, because of flooding
· PRENTON Woodchurch Road is closed between the M53 at J3 and Prenton Hall Road in Prenton, because of flooding
· BRAMHALL Flooding has closed Manchester Airport Eastern Link Road between Heald Green and Bramhall
· LYMM The A56 Lymm Road is closed from Broomedge to Bowdon, because of flooding
· ST HELENS Flooding has closed the A570 Rainford Road between Hard Lane and Bleak Hill Road
· WARRINGTON Cromwell Avenue is closed between the A49 Winwick Road and Callands Road in Warrington, because of flooding
· LEIGH Flooding has closed Warrington Road between Greyhound Island and Greenfold Way
· CULCHETH Warrington Road is closed from Culcheth to Hope Carr, because of flooding
· CHORLEY Flooding has closed Southport Road between Ackhurst Road and Glamis Drive. There's a diversion in place - bus route 109
· DENBIGHSHIRE One lane closed on the A55 North Wales Expressway heading West from J25, the Bodelwyddan Castle turning to J24, the Abergele turning
· NORTH WALES here is one lane blocked on the A55 North Wales Expressway heading West at J32B, the Halkyn turning, because of flooding
· NANTWICH Flooding has blocked Newcastle Road between St Josephs Way and the A51 Elwood Way
· WINCHAM Ollershaw Lane is closed from Chapel Street to Marston Lane in Wincham, because of flooding
· SMITHY GREEN Flooding has closed Middlewich Road from Smithy Green to Lower Peover
· WILMSLOW Alderley Road is closed heading out of town from Fulshaw Cross / King's Arms Roundabout to Harden Park Roundabout
· CHEADLE Flooding has closed Manchester Road between Cheadle and Parrs Wood. There's a diversion in place - for bus route 42B and 42C
· CAEGO Windsor Road is closed from Gatewen Road to Dale Road because of flooding
· HOOTON Flooding has closed Hooton Road from the A41 New Chester Road to Benty Heath Lane
· NESTON Boathouse Lane is closed from the A540 Chester Road to Leighton Road
· CARRINGTON Flooding has closed Flixton Road in Carrington, between Lansdowne Road South and Carrington Lane
· WILMSLOW Styal Road is closed between the prison and Grange Park Avenue in Wilmslow, because of flooding
· NORTHENDEN Flooding has closed Palatine Road from Northenden to Didsbury
· STOCKBRIDGE Knowsley Lane is closed between Primrose Drive and Stockbridge Lane because of flooding
· NEWTON-LE-WILLOWS Flooding has closed Vista Road between the entrance to Lyme and the B5209. There's a diversion in place - for bus route 20
· CATFORTH Lewth Lane is closed from Cinder Lane to School Lane because of flooding
· MAGULL Flooding has closed Bridges Lane from Maghull to Sefton
· PENTRE MAELOR Cefn Road is closed from Sesswick Way to Redwither Lane because of flooding
· HALE BANK Flooding has closed Lower Road between Hale Bank and Halewood
· THORNTON CLEVELEYS Underbank Road and Stanah Road is closed from Raikes Road to River Road
· SWINTON Flooding has closed Lumns Lane between Clifton, Swinton and Agecroft, Pendlebury. There's a diversion in place - for bus route 21
· HAWARDEN Manor Lane is closed from Airbus Uk West Factory to Chester Road
· CREWE Flooding has closed Maw Lane and Maw Green Road from Sydney Road to Clay Lane
· WIGAN Buckley Street and Walkden Avenue is closed from Buckley Street West to Mesnes Road because of flooding
· ST HELENS Flooding has closed Burtonhead Road between Sherdley Roundabout and Ravenhead Retail Park
· GARSTANG Longmoor Lane is closed between the Garstang and Nateby, because of flooding
· HOOTON Flooding has closed Hooton Green from Hooton Lane to the A41 New Chester Road
· BEWSEY Longshaw Street is closed from Hawleys Lane to Lilford Avenue because of flooding
· GOLBORNE Flooding has closed Edge Green Lane from Ashton Road to Edge Green Post Office
· ST HELENS Peasley Cross Lane is closed between Peasley Cross and the Totally Wicked Stadium because of flooding
· WINWICK Flooding has closed Hollins Lane from the Winwick to Burtonwood
· WRENBURY Cholmondeley Road is closed between the Lift Bridge and Chorley turn-off because of flooding
· LOWTON Flooding has closed Slag Lane from Byrom Lane to Plank Lane
· CROFT Past Southworth Hall is closed between The Horseshoe Inn Pub and Delph Lane
· BEWSEY Flooding has closed Hawleys Lane from Bardsley Avenue to St Anselm's Place
· ELTON Clay Lane is closed between Elton Lane and Hall Lane in Elton, Sandbach, because of flooding
· MAGHULL Flooding has closed Liverpool Road South and Green Lane between Green Lane and Meadows Leisure Centre
· LEIGHTON Flooding has closed Smithy Lane between Middlewich Road and Bradfield Road
· CHOWLEY Rocky Lane is closed from the Chowley to Tattenhall, because of flooding
· NEW BROUGHTON Flooding has closed Bersham Road from Windsor Road to Heritage Way
· HALE Dobbinetts Lane is closed from Hale, Altrincham to Wythenshawe, Manchester, because of flooding
· GORSTAGE Flooding has closed Gorstage Lane from Gorstage to Weaverham
· EAVES Catforth Road is blocked from Lewth Lane to Green Lane in Eaves, because of flooding
· GREAT STANKEY Liverpool Road between Building Suppliers and Marina Avenue. There's a diversion in place - for Arriva bus route 7