Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- Kent Damon, a man with thick gray hair and a lively spirit, was a stockbroker and small-time actor. He was also the father of actor Matt Damon, who went on to act in multiple movies.
- In 2011, Kent went into remission from a blood cancer called multiple myeloma, & some of it came back in 2017, and he ultimately passed away at the age of 75, after a long battle.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Kent, whose full name was Kent Telfer Damon, was born in 1942 in the United States.
- He was of English and Scottish descent.
- Kent met his now ex-wife, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, when they were both attending school in NorthEastern United States.
- Nancy was studying education and he was studying economics and business.
- Eventually, the two wed, and Kent went on to work on Wall Street while Carlsson-Paige became an early childhood education professor at Lesley University.
Kent’s Children :
- The couple’s first child was Kyle Damon. Kyle ultimately grew up to be come a successful sculptor & often has his own art shows held across the United States.
- A few years later, they had Matt Damon, who was born on October 8, 1970.
- In college, Matt began writing screenplays. Eventually, he created Good Will Hunting, which would go on to become his breakout role.
- Since then, he has acted in several noteworthy films, such as Saving Private Ryan and The Talented Mr. Ripley, as well as larger blockbusters, such as the Jason Bourne movies and the Ocean’s movies.
- Kent and his wife began to grow distant before their children were born, with work taking up the majority of their time together.
- After their children, they tried to reconcile that by moving to Newton, Massachusetts, a more rural area of the state that promised seclusion and a bit more time with the family.
- The move didn’t help, however, and the couple divorced two years later.
Career, Net Worth & Profession :
- Kent Damon began his career on Wall Street, where he worked as a successful stockbroker.
- Eventually, he expanded his investments into real estate, and began selling large properties as a realtor.
- In 1997, Kent appeared in his son’s breakout film, Good Will Hunting, which starred Matt as a young janitor with a hidden gift for mathematics.
- Kent appeared briefly as a chess player.
- In 2003, he appeared in another one of his son’s films, this time the comedy Stuck On You, which starred Matt as one half of a set of conjoined twins.
- He has also appeared in an episode of Inside the Actors Studio, a show that takes famous actors and interviews them for the philosophy that drives their acting.
- Kent appeared on his son’s episode in 2007 when Matt talked about his childhood.