Kate Bosworth's rape scene was ‘violating and terrifying’
Actress Kate Bosworth has revealed filming a rape scene with Alexander Skarsgard for new movie Straw Dogs was ‘incredibly violating and terrifying’.
Bosworth said that to make the scene more lifelike, she told her co-star not to hold back as he pretended to perform the violent sex assault for the cameras.
The said scene, which came early in the shoot, sees Skarsgard’s Charlie, an aggressive farmhand, raping Bosworth’s character Amy. “I told Alex not to worry about me, to just go for it,’ the Daily Mail quoted her as telling the BlackBook magazine.
“I said, ‘I need you to lose yourself in this moment’.
“And it was actually violent. He’s a huge guy. When he was ripping off my clothes in front of a room filled with men, even though I knew it was make-believe, it was still incredibly violating and terrifying.
“The panic you see flooding me in that rape scene is real,” she added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- TV actor Anita Hassanandani and husband Rohit Reddy welcomed their first child, a boy, on Tuesday.
- Kamya Panjabi and Shefali Bagga tweeted in support of Abhinav Shukla and praised his stint at Bigg Boss 14.
- Raza Murad has said that the late Rajiv Kapoor was lonely, but never bitter. Raza, speaking to reporters, said that destiny was never on Rajiv's side.
- After Taapsee Pannu and Richa Chadha, Swara Bhasker has reacted to Kangana Ranaut's claims about being the most capable actor in the world.
- Members of the Kapoor family gathered on Tuesday for the last rites of Rajiv Kapoor, who died of a cardiac arrest at the age of 58. Kareena, Karisma, Randhir Kapoor, along with brothers Armaan and Aadar Jain were spotted.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, hours after comparing herself to Meryl Streep, has claimed that she is a better stunt performer than Tom Cruise.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra, in her memoir Unfinished, has recalled an incident that forced her to quit a film, when the director demeaned her during the shoot for a seductive song sequence.