Release date: September 16, 2011
Director: Rod Lurie
Writer: Rod Lurie (screenplay), David Zelag Goodman
Cast: James Marsden, Kate Bosworth, Alexander Skarsgård
Runtime: 110 Minutes
Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
Role: Amy Sumner
Synopsis: Los Angeles screenwriter David Sumner relocates with his wife to her hometown in the deep South. There, while tensions build between them, a brewing conflict with locals becomes a threat to them both.
- I’m not learning chess to please you, baby. I’m learning so I can kick your *ass*.
- Those straw dogs were practically licking my body outside, so…
- There are five men with guns outside.
- Every chair was my daddy’s chair.
- This is the second film in which James Marsden and Kate Bosworth play a couple together – the first was Superman Returns (2006).
- When Amy gets back from jogging, the amount of and position of the sweat on her top changes numerous times from scene to scene.
- In one scene, Amy erases the “3” in the date on David’s chalkboard and replaces it with a “4”. In a later scene with Charlie, you can see that the “4” that Amy wrote earlier is now written in a different style.