wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 6,998 times.
Manhunt is a game where you play with 10 or more players. There are two roles in this game: Hunters and Prey. The hunter's job is to catch the prey. The game usually starts with 1-2 hunters. The prey's job is to run away from the hunters and survive within the time limit.The game ends when all the prey is caught, or when the time limit is up. Creating a strategy for this game is important if you want to win!
1Know the setup of your particular game. Make sure you're familiar with:
- The area where the game takes place in. Whether it is a schoolyard or your neighborhood, you should be aware of all your surroundings.
- The number of players playing
- A meet up place once the time is up
- A way to communicate with other players (a signal to show who is hunter and who is prey)
2Pick the right clothing. Depending on the setting, wear clothing to blend in. Try to avoid any bright colors or clothing that reflects light.
- Forest: Wear greens, browns, and greys. Avoid and blacks because this will stand out in the forest.
- Neighbourhood: Wear browns and dark greys.
- Nighttime: Wear dark greys and blacks.
- Fields: Wear sandy colored clothing, greens, and browns.
3Avoid being caught.
- Make as little noise as possible. Any noise or movement may catch the hunters attention, making them run into your direction
- Try to avoid stepping on branches and dry leaves. This will minimize the amount of noise you make.
- Never stay in one spot. Try to move around and away from any hiders.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Always check behind you and around you to make sure no hunters are nearby.
4Catch your opponents.
- Know the most obvious places the players would hide in. Try to look out for bushes or large trees and rocks.
- Keep track of the directions players are running to. This way you can go there later and expect to find people
- Sneak up behind them and surprise them.
5Use decoys. If you are a hardcore player, then you can confuse and manipulate the hunters into moving away from you:
- Get a group of weak runners with you at the beginning. If you are being chased, you will know that the weaker runners will most likely get caught, allowing you to get away.
- Get items like rocks and sticks to throw and make noise. This may send the hunter away from you, allowing you to escape.
- Bring water, a snack, or flashlights.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing. This will let you run faster and longer.
7Create water-based "weapons". Try bringing a water bottle with a poked hole at the top. When the hunter finds you, get your bottle and launch! This gives you time to escape! Or use an old glue bottle and fill it up with water for more accuracy, minus the chance of spilling.
8Bring a hearing device. If you bring one of those tiny devices that can help you hear farther, those are perfect because when a hunter comes up, there is your chance to escape from getting tagged!Advertisement
QuestionIs it technically cheating if I'm using water to my advantage to escape?Community AnswerProbably not, but you should discuss the rules of the game with your friends to be sure.
- Be careful near streets and neighborhoods. Cars can easily hit you, especially during the nights. Have the numbers of others in case you get hurt or lost.
- When making allies, be careful. In this style of game, it is one for all. If you are making an ally, make sure that you 100% trust them, and you know they won't bail on you.
- Make sure when you shoot water from your water-based weapons don't shoot someone's eyes.
- If you are teaming with someone and they leave, leave the spot that you were, so later when your teammate get tagged, your teammate can't tag you because you left the spot.