This course will introduce the officer to High Risk Warrant (HRW) service.
SIG SAUER Academy's SWAT I, Basic SWAT Operator Course covers basic fundamentals of room clearing, distraction device deployment and certification, mechanical breaching, planning, scouting, and warrant service. This course will also cover barricaded subjects, stealth search techniques using mirrors, and ballistic shields.
Current Law Enforcement or Military members ONLY.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- HRW overview
- SWAT Team concepts
- Room clearing
- High Risk Warrant planning and execution
- Mechanical breaching
- Breach point procedures
- Distraction device deployment and certification
- Tactical firearms training
- Barricade subject operations
- Stealth search techniques
- Chemical munitions deployment
- Introduction and practical application of the K9 in the SWAT mission
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will attend 40 hours of class training. Students will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan and execute high-risk warrant service and barricaded subject operations.
- Semi-automatic pistol with 3 magazines
- Semi-automatic rifle with 3 magazines
- Tactical ballistic vest
- Tactical uniform
- Nomex gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection
- Gas mask
- Gun belt
- Knee pads
- Estimated round count: 250 rounds pistol; 250 rounds rifle; 50 5.56mm marking cartridges (UTM)
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required - call for clarification
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only
Please note, this course is open to current Law Enforcement or Military members ONLY.