How the Appointment System Works
GA Department of Driver Services offers an online appointment system to schedule Road Test Appointments only. This includes automobile, motorcycle, or commercial road tests.
For the safety and security of DDS Team Members and Customers, DDS is now conducting modified contactless road tests. Note: Only the applicant and the licensed driver are authorized to be in the car during the Road Test.
- Don't forget to fill out the required License/ID/Permit form before you visit a center. Click the "Start Here" link below.
- We also encourage you to visit the Road Test Appointments page to get a full list of documents before your visit.
Schedule, Change, or Update Appointment
(Appointments are only required if you're taking a behind-the-wheel Automotobile, CDL, or Motorcycle Road Test. Appointments are no longer required to renew, change address, or other in-person services. )
- Customers are only allowed to bring (1) one person with them to the center (such as a Responsible Adult, interpreter, etc.)
- The appointment number and the email used to schedule your appointment are needed to make changes or cancel your appointment. Please check your email.
- DDS does not charge for non-commercial road test reservations or appointments. Commercial road tests are paid for in advance when scheduling the appointment.
VISITING A CENTER!
Skip a Step!
QnA Maker Chatbot Widget (Popup version)