Facility Use Application Process
Facility Rental Status
Kent School District is now offering outdoor facility rentals. Indoor facility rentals are not available.
Outdoor Facility Rentals Begin April 5, 2021
We are currently accepting applications for outdoor facility rentals.
- French Field
- Grass baseball fields
- Grass fields
- Turf baseball field (available for weekends only through May 22, 2021)
- Turf fields at Kentlake, Kentridge, and Kentwood
- Tennis courts (open for drop-ins now)
- Tracks at French Field, Kenlake, Kentridge, and Kentwood
- Building parking lots (community-driven events)
Indoor Facility Rentals Not Available
We are not accepting applications for indoor facilities at this time as a rental start date has not been determined.
- Performing arts centers
- Weight rooms
Facility Use Application & Approval Process
Our schools belong to our community and are available for rent. Find a description of the types of user groups who may use Kent School District facilities in Board Procedure 4260P, section 2.0.
Our facilities may not be rented for weddings, receptions, parties, or similar events. Application processing may take up to ten days.
Step 1: Contact the School to Check Availability
Contact the school whose facility you are interested in using to check for availability.
Step 2: Complete Required Forms
Applications are now being accepted for outdoor facility rentals on or after April 5, 2021.
Download the application for the type of facility you would like to rent and complete it electronically.
- School Facilities: Facility Use Application (PDF)
- KM Turf Baseball Field: Kent-Meridian Turf Baseball Field Application (PDF)
- Performing Arts Facilities: Performing Arts Center Use Application (PDF)
- Turf Fields Including French Field: Turf Field Use Application (PDF)
Additional forms are or may be required depending on the facility you are applying to rent and must also be completed electronically.
- All rentals: COVID-19 Disclosure & Release Form (PDF)
- Youth athletic rentals only: Head Injury & Sudden Cardiac Arrest Compliance Form (PDF)
Step 4: Submit All Forms to the School
Email your completed forms as attachments to the school's office manager. View the school staff directory for specific contact information.
Your application, forms, and certificate of liability insurance must be submitted to the requested school 10 days prior to the first use of the facility.
Step 5: Wait for Approval
The school's principal will review completed applications.
If your application is approved, the school will forward the application to the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team for further review.
If your application is not approved, the school will return it to you with the reason(s) why.
Approved applications will be reviewed by the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team.
- We will review your application for policy compliance.
- We will determine facility use charges and email you the estimate and confirmation.
With the final authorization of the application, we will send your approved application back to the school and distribute it to our security, operations, and business teams.
According to Board Procedure 4260P, Section 2.0, your organization may be responsible for the facility use rate.
Your organization may also be responsible for utility and labor fees.
- Custodial: A custodian is required for weekend or after-hours use. The rate is $42.25 per hour and must include thirty minutes before your event and thirty minutes after your event.
- Information Technology (IT): An IT specialist may be required or requested. The rate is $55.00 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Nutrition Services: Required if you will be using the stoves/oven. The rate is $33.45 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Security: A security officer may be required or requested. The rate is $46.60 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Utility Fees: A utility charge will be applied when the building's HVAC system is operated on non-school days or after the building’s HVAC system has been set to night operation. The charge for elementary schools is $5.00 per hour, middle school is $7.00 per hour and high school is $8.00 per hour.
The Kent School District requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance with the following requirements:
- $1,000,000 of General Liability.
- Kent School District listed as Additional Insured
- Kent School District listed as the Certificate Holder.
For-profit groups that rent our schools and/or the Performing Art Centers will need $5,000,000 of general liability.
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, controlled substances, the use of tobacco products, and weapons are prohibited on Kent School District properties.