All of You (film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All of You is a 2017 Philippine romantic comedy film directed by Dan Villegas and starring Jennylyn Mercado and Derek Ramsay. It is produced and released by Quantum Films, MJM Productions and serves as an official entry to the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.
|All of You|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Dan Villegas|
|Music by||Emerzon Texon|
|Cinematography||Dexter dela Peña|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||Quantum Films|
|Box office||₱34 million|
The film revolves around two strangers who met each other through a mobile app.
In 2019, the film is now being streamed on Netflix as of January 19, 2019.
The first trailer for All of You was released on November 15, 2017 which also featured a "Dying Inside" cover by Darren Espanto. The film had its commercial release on December 25, 2017 as one of the eight entries at the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Critic Fred Hawson whose review on All of You got republished by ABS-CBN News described the film as "generic" and "had nothing new to offer" remarking other recent films at that time romantic drama genre had a gimmick to make themselves stand out such as Kita Kita, 100 Tula Para Kay Stella, 12, Changing Partners. Hawson expressed his puzzlement of the fact that the film was given the Best Screenplay Award at the MMFF Awards though he commended the performances of Jennylyn Mercado and Derek Ramsay. Oggs Cruz of Rappler labeled the film as a "missed opportunity" and criticized the direction of the plot which he says "tries too hard to navigate a relationship towards a happy ending that just doesn’t feel justified" though he commended the performance of Mercado and Ramsay as well as the technical aspects of the film especially the lighting.
- "WATCH: Full trailer for Jennylyn, Derek's MMFF 2017 movie". ABS-CBN News. 18 November 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Cuartero, Nestor (20 December 2017). "All of Derek and Jenn". Tempo. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "'Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad' tops MMFF 2017 box office". Rappler. 18 January 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Hawson, Fred (29 December 2017). "MMFF review: 'All of You' is good but generic". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Cruz, Oggs (28 December 2017). "'All of You' review: Missed opportunities". Rappler. Retrieved 3 January 2018.