This article needs to be updated.August 2019)(
Eerie is a 2019 Filipino horror film written and directed by Mikhail Red, starring Bea Alonzo and Charo Santos-Concio. The film which uses elements of suspense writing and follows a guidance counselor called Pat Consolacion. She embarks on solving the mysterious death of a student at the Sta. Lucia Academy for girls.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mikhail Red|
|Box office||₱201 million|
The film was produced by Star Cinema in partnership with 108 Media in Singapore. It was first released in Singapore as a premiere during the Singapore International Film Festival. The film was released in the Philippines on March 27, 2019.
Pat Consolacion is a guidance counselor of the Sta. Lucia Academy for girls. This is an exclusive all-girls private school run by Catholic nuns. Patricia’s affection for the students has caused her to independently make her own investigation about the suicide of a student named Eri. This was done without notice of the head teacher; Charo Santos-Concio as Mother Alice. Students of the academy are traumatized on the occasions of apparitions of the ghost of Erika. Anna, being one of the students, is sent home after this experience when she ventures alone at midnight where Erika supposedly hung herself.
The unexpected and gruesome death of a student threatens the existence of an old Catholic school for girls. Pat Consolacion is the school guidance counsellor who involves herself with the students to help them cope. She also helps uncover the mysteries of the student's death. Most students suspect it is the strict and borderline abusive Mother Alice. This is because she also threatened Pat's tenure in the school because of her continuous meddling with the case. But Pat's unusual talents lead her to know Eri, a former student who has been watching the whole school for years. Pat uncovers the secret of the school and the monster that it nurtured for the past century.
- "Company credits of Eerie". IMDB. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Bea Alonzo gets international attention for Netflix film". philstar.com. 16 August 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "Philippine Horror EERIE is Paved with Good Intentions". Screenanarchy.com. 1 April 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "'Eerie' makes P40 million in 4 days". ABS-CBN News. 31 March 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- Bloom, Nicole (2019-08-14). "Netflix Is Making Things Feel Super 'Eerie' With Their Terrifying New Horror Flick". StyleCaster. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Eerie released Info". IMDB. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Mikhail Red's 'Eerie' is now on Netflix". Rappler. 27 July 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- Penrose, Nerisha (2019-08-14). "Netflix Horror Film 'Eerie' Has People Sleeping With the Lights On". ELLE. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Eerie (2018-19) – Movie Review". Quedank. 2 April 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "'Eerie' review: Bea Alonzo tries to save an underwhelming plot". Cinema Bravo. 2 April 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "FILM REVIEW: Eerie". Sinema.sg. 7 December 2018. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Bea Alonzo, Charo Santos shine in 'Eerie'". ABS-CBN News. 29 March 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.