Legally Blind (TV series)
|Created by||Pam Miras|
|Directed by||Ricky Davao|
|Creative director(s)||Roy Iglesias|
|Theme music composer||Simon Tan|
|Opening theme||"Pangarap" by Maricris Garcia|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||93 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Michele R. Borja|
|Producer(s)||Arlene D. Pilapil|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||23–32 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||February 20 –|
June 30, 2017
Legally Blind is a 2017 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Ricky Davao, it stars Janine Gutierrez. It premiered on February 20, 2017 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Hahamakin ang Lahat. The series concluded on June 30, 2017 with a total of 93 episodes. It was replaced by Impostora in its timeslot.
Grace is about to fulfill her dream of being a lawyer. On the day to celebrate the results of her bar exam results, she will be raped leading to her pregnancy and an accident that will lead to her blindness.
Cast and characters
- Main cast
- Janine Gutierrez as Grace Reyes Evangelista-Villareal
- Mikael Daez as Edward Villareal
- Lauren Young as Charie Reyes Evangelista
- Marc Abaya as William Villareal
- Rodjun Cruz as Joel Apostol
- Supporting cast
- Chanda Romero as Marissa Reyes-Evangelista
- Therese Malvar as Nina Reyes Evangelista
- Lucho Ayala as John Castillo
- Ashley Rivera as Diana Perez
- Camille Torres as Elizabeth Guevarra Anton Villareal
- Guest cast
- Ricky Davao as Manuel Evangelista
- Denise Barbacena as Sabrina
- Max Collins as Darlene Santos-Aguirre
- Thea Tolentino as Maricar Nuevo
- Paolo Gumabao as Chanston Aguirre
- Rolly Innocencio as a lawyer
- Dexter Doria as Martha
- Dex Quindoza as Morgan Campos
- Rob Sy as Marcus
- Rafael Siguion-Reyna as Henry
- Madeleine Nicolas as Stella Villareal
- Menggie Cobarrubias as Anton Villareal
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement ratings, the pilot episode of Legally Blind earned a 12% rating. While the final episode scored a 6.2% rating in Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement People in television homes.
|2017||31st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Daytime Drama Series||Legally Blind||Nominated|||
|Best Drama Actress||Janine Gutierrez||Nominated|
|Best Drama Supporting Actor||Marc Abaya||Nominated|
|Best Drama Supporting Actress||Chanda Romero||Nominated|
- "Legally Blind (Full episodes)". Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- "Legally Blind". Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "'Legally Blind,' GMA Network's newest gripping drama series airs on February 20". February 11, 2017. Retrieved June 30, 2019.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (December 31, 2017). "PEP YEARENDER 2017: Top Rating Pilot Episodes in Daytime, according to AGB". Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (July 3, 2017). "How did Janine Gutierrez's Legally Blind finale fare in AGB ratings?". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Soriano, Gia Allana. "IN PHOTOS: Kapuso winners at the 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television". www.gmanetwork.com. Retrieved April 24, 2020.