View of Krraba Pass
|Subdivisions||7 municipalities, 385 towns and villages|
|• Council chairman||Eugen Isaj|
|• Total||3,199 km2 (1,235 sq mi)|
|• Density||84/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Until 2000, Elbasan County was subdivided into four districts: Elbasan, Gramsh, Librazhd, and Peqin. Since the 2015 local government reform, the county consists of the following 7 municipalities: Belsh, Cërrik, Elbasan, Gramsh, Librazhd, Peqin and Prrenjas. Before 2015, it consisted of the following 50 municipalities:
- Qendër Librazhd
The municipalities consist of about 385 towns and villages in total. See Villages of Elbasan County for a structured list.
According to the last national census from 2011 this county has 295,827 inhabitants. Ethnic groups in the county include:
- Albanians = 253,170 (85.58%)
- Macedonians = 94 (0.03%)
- Montenegrins = 10 (0.00%)
- Aromanians = 747 (0.25%)
- Romani = 1,064 (0.36%)
- Egyptians = 433 (0.15%)
- Turkish = 300 (0.13%)
- others = 149 (0.05%)
- no answer = 39,980 (13.51%)
- "Popullsia e Shqipërisë". instat.gov.al (in Albanian and English). 12 June 2020. Archived from the original on 12 June 2020.
- "2011 census results" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Law nr. 115/2014" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.