Kate Winslet's husband Ned Rocknroll 'changes his name back to Smith to be more serious and set an example for son Bear, five'
They have been happily married since 2012 and the pair welcomed their first child together in December 2013.
And now as Kate Winslet, 43, and Ned Rocknroll's, son Bear Blaze, five, is growing older, the actress' eccentric husband has reportedly decided to reverse his name change from 2008.
According to The Sun Richard Branson’s nephew, 41, has changed his name from Ned Rocknroll back to Edward Abel Smith as ‘he wants to set an example’ alongside not wanting to embarrass his son.
Reverse: Ned Rocknroll, 41, husband to Kate Winslet, 43, has changed his name back to Edward Abel Smith as ‘he wants to set an example’ and doesn't want to embarrass their son
A source told The Sun: ‘It was always a bit of a joke. He is a very happy-go-lucky person.
‘He never takes life that seriously but sometimes life changes and now he wants to be a bit more serious.
‘He decided to change it back to Smith because he is now a dad and wants to set an example. Kate also felt it might be embarrassing for their child as he got older.’
MailOnline have contacted representatives for Kate for comment.
Ned, who wed Kate in an intimate ceremony in New York shortly before Christmas 2012, had previously been married before to British socialite Eliza Pearson and their union lasted two years.
Time for change: ‘He decided to change it back to Smith because he is now a dad and wants to set an example. Kate also felt it might be embarrassing for their child as he got older’
The couple separated in April 2011 and applied for a divorce in June, before in September of that year Ned told Eliza he was in a relationship with Winslet and the pair welcomed their first child together in December 2013.
The Titanic star had fallen for Ned during a trip to Necker in August 2011 despite arriving on the island with her on-off boyfriend model Louis Dowler and it was during this trip that Kate saved Sir Richard's 90-year-old mother from a fire.
Kate was with her two children Mia, 10, and Joe, seven, when she carried Richard's mother Eve downstairs, after his home on the island burned to the ground on August 22.
Happily married: The Titanic star fell for Ned during a trip to Necker in August 2011 and welcomed their first child in 2012 (pictured in 2016)
Kate is set to team up with director James Cameron once again as the pair film the second movie in his epic science fiction tetralogy, Avatar 2.
The duo's first time working together was more than two decades ago when Winslet starred as Rose Dewitt Bukater alongside Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson in the film Titanic.
The blockbuster nearly swept the 1998 Academy Awards with 13 nominations and 10 wins, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Music Score and Best Cinematography.
Reunited: Kate is set to team up with director James Cameron (pictured in 2017) once again as the pair film the second movie in his epic science fiction tetralogy, Avatar 2
Most watched News videos
- Chilling out! Train conductor captures snowy train tracks in Durham
- NHS Chief: One person admitted to hospital with Covid every 30 secs
- UK vaccines minister guarantees second doses within twelve weeks
- Matt Hancock spotted out in Queen's Park amidst Covid lockdown
- Raab warns 'NHS is on the cusp' as Covid hospitalisations rise
- Bengal Tiger bites off safari car's bumper in southern India
- Police clash with anti-lockdown protesters in Birmingham
- Florida woman arrested for refusing to wear mask inside restaurant
- Raab touts vaccine success & promises escape from lockdown by Spring
- Raab fails to confirm supplies of second vaccine will be available
- Dominc Raab vows to offer vaccines to all adults by September
- Gypsy Wedding star Paddy Doherty sends message from hospital