Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007
|Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007|
|Directed by||Martyn Atkins|
|Cinematography||Jürg V. Walther|
|Edited by||William Bullen|
|Distributed by||Rhino · Warner|
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 is the Rhino Entertainment and Warner Brothers release to the 2007 Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival. The concert was recorded on July 28, 2007 at the Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Illinois. The recordings were released on both Compact Disc and DVD on November 28, 2007 in the United States. The CD and DVD releases sold more than two million copies worldwide and reached various international charts.
All of the 28,000 concert ticket had been sold in less than 22 minutes, topping the international concert sales chart in May 2007. All the ticket sales proceeds from the event as well as the CD and DVD sales proceeds goes directly to the Crossroads Foundation. The actual amount of recording that was done throughout the whole concert day was eleven hours. The events host was Bill Murray, who also played "Gloria" with Clapton at the beginning of the event. Murray guided the viewers throughout the event, introduced artists and recalled a little bit of their impact on the American music scene. He also put on iconic outfits, that Clapton wore during his career: the suit and hair Clapton wore, when performing for the Rainbow Concert in 1973 and being with the band Cream throughout the 1960s.
AllMusic critic Hal Horowitz rates the release with four out of possible five stars and thinks that "Guitar is the operative word here, since all the participants are six-string players". Horowitz also rates the variety of music genres as superb and sums his review up by saying: "The DTS surround sound is superb, the camera work classy if occasionally too arty, and the top-notch presentation worthy of the high-quality music and artists involved".
|2008||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Special Class||Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007||Won|
- Introduction (Bill Murray)
- Uberesso (Sonny Landreth)
- Hell at Home (Sonny Landreth with Eric Clapton)
- Maharina (John McLaughlin)
- Rosie (Doyle Bramhall II)
- Outside Woman Blues (Doyle Bramhall II)
- Little by Little (Susan Tedeschi with The Derek Trucks Band)
- Anyday (The Derek Trucks Band)
- Highway 61 Revisited (Johnny Winter with The Derek Trucks Band)
- Nobodysoul (Robert Randolph & The Family Band)
- Poor Johnny (The Robert Cray Band)
- Dirty Work at the Crossroads (Jimmie Vaughan with The Robert Cray Band)
- Sitting on Top of the World (Hubert Sumlin with The Robert Cray Band & Jimmie Vaughan)
- Paying the Cost to Be the Boss (B.B. King with The Robert Cray Band with Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin)
- Rock Me Baby (B.B. King with The Robert Cray Band with Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin)
- Sweet Thing (Vince Gill)
- Country Boy (Albert Lee with Vince Gill)
- If It Makes You Happy (Sheryl Crow with Vince Gill & Albert Lee)
- Tulsa Time (Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Vince Gill & Albert Lee)
- Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain (Willie Nelson with Vince Gill & Albert Lee)
- On the Road Again (Willie Nelson with Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill & Albert Lee)
- Belief (John Mayer)
- Gravity (John Mayer)
- Don’t Worry Baby (Los Lobos)
- Mas y Mas (Los Lobos)
- Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers (Jeff Beck)
- Big Block (Jeff Beck)
- Tell the Truth (Eric Clapton feat. Derek Trucks)
- Isn't It a Pity (Eric Clapton)
- Little Queen of Spades (Eric Clapton feat. Derek Trucks)
- Who Do You Love? (Robbie Robertson with Eric Clapton)
- Presence of the Lord (Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton)
- Can't Find My Way Home (Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton)
- Had to Cry Today (Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton)
- Dear Mr. Fantasy (Steve Winwood)
- Crossroads (Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood)
- Mary Had a Little Lamb (Buddy Guy)
- Damn Right I’ve Got the Blues (Buddy Guy)
- Sweet Home Chicago (Buddy Guy with Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, John Mayer, Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughan & Johnny Winter)
Best Buy exclusive Bonus Disc 3
- Things Get Better
- Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad?
|Australia (ARIA)||3× Platinum||45,000^|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||2× Platinum||10,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||6× Platinum||600,000^|
^ Shipments figures based on certification alone.
- Turner-Heckfield, Amy Mary Gran (2008-02-16), The Complete Events – Music in 2007: A Musical Journey Through a Musical Time, New York City: Rosevelt Mary Evergreen
- Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007, Where's Eric!, retrieved 2015-06-19
- Emcee Bill Murray – dressed as Eric Clapton at the Rainbow Concert 1973, Where's Eric!, retrieved 2015-06-19
- Emcee Bill Murray dressed as a Cream-era Eric Clapton, Where's Eric!, retrieved 2015-06-19
- Crossroads Guitar Festival: 2007 – Eric Clapton – Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards – AllMusic, AllMusic Network, Rovi Corporation, retrieved 2015-06-19
- Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival, Chicago – Awards, Internet Movie Database, retrieved 2015-06-19
- "ARIA Top 40 Music DVD – Week Commencing 4th August 2008" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association. pandora.nla.gov.au. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- Eric Clapton – Crossroads Guitar Festival – dutchcharts.nl at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 January 2016)
- 4/2011 – Suomen virallinen lista at the Wayback Machine (archived 11 November 2020)
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Eric Clapton – Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 - Recorded Live July 28, 2007 Chicago [DVD"] (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "Classifiche – DVD". Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana (in Italian). fimi.it. 3 December 2007. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- エリック・クラプトン – クロスロード・ギター・フェスティヴァル 2007 at the Wayback Machine (archived 21 August 2015)
- Scapolo, Dean (2007). The Complete New Zealand Music Charts: 1966–2006. Maurienne House. ISBN 978-1-877443-00-8.
- DVD Audio uke 50, 2007 at the Wayback Machine (archived 4 March 2016)
- Veckolista DVD Album, vecka 49, 2007 at the Wayback Machine (archived 11 November 2020)
- Official Music Video Chart Top 50 at the Wayback Machine (archived 7 March 2016)
- Music Video Sales: March 22, 2008 at the Wayback Machine (archived 15 August 2016)
- "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 – Recorded Live July 28, 2007 Chicago (DVD) (2007)". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 – Recorded Live July 28, 2007 Chicago (DVD) (2008)". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia′s Music Charts 1988–2010. Mount Martha, Melbourne, Victoria: Moonlight Publishing.
- Les Certifications (DVD) du SNEP en 2007 at the Wayback Machine (archived 18 November 2015)
- "French video certifications – Eric Clapton – Crossraods Guit.07" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Eric Clapton; 'Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "American video certifications – Various – Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 11 November 2020. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Video Longform, then click SEARCH.