California Coast Credit Union
|Founded||1929San Diego, Californiain|
Number of locations
|24 Branch Locations|
|Services||personal and commercial banking|
|Total assets||$2,015,035,130 USD (2016)|
|Total equity||$235,869,537 USD (2016)|
Number of employees
California Coast Credit Union (also known as Cal Coast) is the longest-serving credit union in San Diego County, headquartered in San Diego, California. As of Q1 of 2017, it had more than $2.1 billion in assets, over 150,000 members, and 24 branch locations.
California Coast is a not-for-profit financial institution that was founded by a group of educators in 1929. Its founding members included employees of Solar Aircraft, AT&T and San Diego Gas & Electric. Today, California Coast serves residents who work or live in San Diego or Riverside counties.
It is part of the CO-OP interbank network, with access to over 30,000 ATMs in the U.S. and Canada. Through that Network, the firm also offers CO-OP Shared Branches, which gives members access to more than 5,400 nationwide branch locations.
Cal Coast Open Air Amphitheater
On January 1, 2014, the firm purchased the naming rights to San Diego State University’s on-campus amphitheater which will now be called Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theater. Formerly called the Greek Bowl and the Open Air Theatre, the amphitheater opened in 1941 and is one of San Diego's longest running outdoor venues. Currently, it serves mainly as a venue for live music and comedy acts.
- "About Cal Coast". California Coast Credit Union. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "iBanknet Financial Reports Center".
- "San Diego Credit Union Locations". 2016.
- "Shared Branching - CO-OP Financial Services".
- "Locator - Credit Unions empower people. CO-OP empowers credit unions".
- "SDSU's amphitheater to be named Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air". CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station. 2013-11-18.
- "Open Air Theatre Changes Name". NBC San Diego. 2013-11-13.