Corruption - The worst system ever added to the game? - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so my statement that corruption> no corruption holds true. cool.

    so 6 out of almost 60 possible corruptions add no damage (but increase survivability)
    sounds p good actually
    People don't understand that surviving a fight is more important than raw dps. They don't understand their top 500-2000 guilds are not in same position as top world guilds trying to down bosses first week where DPS is actually a problem.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    People don't understand that surviving a fight is more important than raw dps. They don't understand their top 500-2000 guilds are not in same position as top world guilds trying to down bosses first week where DPS is actually a problem.
    So you are using or used avoidance over other corruptions? And of course, getting prydaz, healing pants or FD helm in Legion wasn't an issue either then seeing you got more utilty than avoidance and less dps loss than you do with using avoidance instead of bis corruption?

    In other words, dodge this one with some good answer. You need some rank 10 Avoidance here.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 03:49 AM.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So you are using or used avoidance over other corruptions? And of course, getting prydaz, healing pants or FD helm in Legion wasn't an issue either then seeing you got more utilty than avoidance and less dps loss than you do with using avoidance instead of bis corruption?

    In other words, dodge this one with some good answer. You need some rank 10 Avoidance here.
    For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.
    Because you know, I had a choice unlike legendaries where i could only suck-it.
    No issues with healing? corruption over 40. Issues with healing, under 40.

    Fortunately never had issues with survivability this raid.
    Again with your delusions, if you would play you would know this.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.
    Because you know, I had a choice unlike legendaries where i could only suck-it.
    No issues with healing? corruption over 40. Issues with healing, under 40.

    Fortunately never had issues with survivability this raid.
    Again with your delusions, if you would play you would know this.
    So you used avoidance and leech in Ny'alotha? Can you confirm this for me? For people below 90% survivability defensive corruption are bis? You had a choice with leggos too. But of course, you had to play legion to know. Last raid in Legion everyone that played Legion had many legendaries to choose from. Start of Ny'alotha? New thing to farm. Got avoidance? BiS for people below 90% surv! You can't make this shit up.

    The illusion of choice with corruption is the same as it was for legendaries. You would never ever use avoidance in Ny'alotha as dps. That you imply that you would use them just shows how disingenounos you are.

    The point I was making is that since survivability is so important that getting avoidance instead of BiS is cool and even the right thing according to you, then you can't say that getting prydaz, some throughput ones, maybe 1 bis etc is worse. If surviving the fight is more important than raw dps, you must have shouted YES when Prydaz or healing pants dropped. Or this just matters when talking about corruption? There is no chance for you to argue out of it, even if you tried just now.

    Using avoidance as BM Hunter or Demo lock was it? LOL! Top 2000 guild raiders appearently is not what they used to be.

    Defensive corruptions as BM...
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 06:42 AM.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  5. #325
    The Lightbringer gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    3,582
    another bad thing about corruption is that it gives me tanking traits on my gear when im resto...what gives?

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    another bad thing about corruption is that it gives me tanking traits on my gear when im resto...what gives?
    And that healers were generally screwed over when it comes to the proc corruptions. Needed a vendor for them to able to at least stack their stats. Corruption is the most RNG system we have had in the game. But to defend it a bit, its a bit of rpg right, N'Zoth and the Void trying to mess with you ^^
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.
    Because you know, I had a choice unlike legendaries where i could only suck-it.
    No issues with healing? corruption over 40. Issues with healing, under 40.

    Fortunately never had issues with survivability this raid.
    Again with your delusions, if you would play you would know this.
    I'm not quite sure if your serious or just flat out ignorant here. Before I swapped to my monk, as a healer we rarely struggled with raid dying to eyes, Things from beyond and whatnot, simply because we cared about the system and understood the progress penalties if we'd go higher.

    You say you've used defensive corruptions if you'd go below a 90% treshhold, i yonder how many times you've been benched for not being able to bring the numbers required for maut, ra-den & n'zoth.

    Then again i believe your post consists out of random called plain BS & that you've either quit along time ago or being one of those LFR heroes ( nothing wrong with either )
    Last edited by Boiled-Lobster; 2020-07-29 at 05:28 AM.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.
    Because you know, I had a choice unlike legendaries where i could only suck-it.
    No issues with healing? corruption over 40. Issues with healing, under 40.

    Fortunately never had issues with survivability this raid.
    Again with your delusions, if you would play you would know this.
    No, they are not. Usually, the top guilds dps have multiple dps classes to sub in and out based on their survivalbility - they wouldnt carry a mage or something if a hunter could do the same dps yet survive. If you have to gimp your DPS to survive - you might as well bring another person or class that can survive and do both.

    If you can't, they'll work out a raid cooldown to be used during that phase such as SLT, Devo Aura etc. I don't think Method, Complexity and the other top guilds would cut their dps to just live

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not really, you need to take the fact that the non corrupted 475 pants you have vs avoidance rank 3 475 pants you then get with worse stat is not a dps-upgrade, its a dps downgrade, undeniable fact. That's the discussion. You are taking this pedantic example just to score a point, obviously from your first sentence here lol. Since we are talking about corruption vs leggos, leggos always(well except the first few weeks) came with more stats and even sockets in some examples. Corruption have some effects, like avoidance that do nothing for your dps and is a dps loss because even a rank 1 mastery for a Havoc DH for instance, where mastery is crap, you get throughput with it, compared to avoidance that does nothing. The fact that there are a good chance those avoidance pants are worse than your non-corrupted pants makes this true.

    No one in their right mind would use an avoidance corrupted piece anyway. Because like you say, almost 60 different corruptions. You said no corruption is a dps-loss initially, which is untrue by the examples I just gave. Legendaries didn't have that issue vs non-legendaries. Though in start of Legion before they buffed the ilvl on it, we had the same issue with prydaz for instance. But according to you, that would be an upgrade since it was utility. So then we get back to the main point, what was worse with leggos in that regard? And that's without taking the buff to them that came few weeks in.
    so you're shifting the goalposts that the items aren't identical.

    word

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And that healers were generally screwed over when it comes to the proc corruptions. Needed a vendor for them to able to at least stack their stats. Corruption is the most RNG system we have had in the game. But to defend it a bit, its a bit of rpg right, N'Zoth and the Void trying to mess with you ^^

    Funny how I said in one of my posts that corruption is RNG, even despite the vendor ( imo somewhat still RNG before data-mining ).

    But yes, getting that IT on my paladin took forever, near the end ( a week somewhat before vendor was released ) I managed to get the RNG gods on my side and roll 3 good pieces with IT1.

    don't get me wrong, RNG surely is all part of games with an RPG aspect, it's been like this since 2004.
    But personally I'd say corruption is a bad system;

    - people in guilds started to focus on their BIS corruption, whereas some got lucky others didn't and got stuck ( which eventually turned out on top as BIS when stacked ) with stat sticks that they've put up in the bank.

    - fewer people have common sense & didnt understood the way the punishment worked that resulted in countless wipes in LFR or pugs.

    Please stop with comments that indicate the mass should've used the AH;

    THAT SAME MASS DOESNT HAVE MILLIONS OF GOLD. Only farmers, gold buyers, gold sellers ( account hackers ) and top end guilds had acces to such amounts of gold.

    It was seriously retarded as F to see a 460 shield go for 10M gold just because it had a socket & IS3.
    It's almost the same as seeing crafted resistance gear in vanilla for 10k ( not that it ever happened, but you get the idea ).
    Surely something powerful comes with a great price, but the inflation caused by corruptions was just.. meh.

    I like it how people keep saying that its an excellent system whilst blizzard themselves agreed it was absolutely horrendous to balance ( thus bad ).

    With the release of the vendor it was slightly improved, BUT the weekly upgrades were still far FAR behind with a cap of 3, making it very difficult for alts to catch up. Allowing you to be stuck with the same toon ever since launch.

    But why do guilds like Limit have all alts on the same level if you say this ?

    Well simply because this game is their jobs, like method/echo some high end raiders got payed for playing, then there's streamers etc. Trough sponsorships & donations. Making it hell of a lot easier to play 12-18h a day on multiple toons to keep them in line.

    Whereas the majority and core of the players have lives, jobs & family to look after.

    With whatever reasoning people in this thread bring, you won't change my mind, as a father of two, I say this system has been the worst ever since anything was introduced.
    Last edited by Boiled-Lobster; 2020-07-29 at 05:51 AM.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So you used avoidance and leech in Ny'alotha? Can you confirm this for me? For people below 90% survivability defensive corruption are bis? You had a choice with leggos too. But of course, you had to play legion to know. Last raid in Legion everyone that played Legion had many legendaries to choose from. Start of Ny'alotha? New thing to farm. Got avoidance? BiS for people below 90% surv! You can't make this shit up.

    The illusion of choice with corruption is the same as it was for legendaries. You would never ever use avoidance in Ny'alotha as dps. That you imply that you used them just shows how disingenounos you are.

    The point I was making is that since survivability is so important that getting avoidance instead of BiS is cool and even the right thing according to you, then you can't say that getting prydaz, some throughput ones, maybe 1 bis etc is worse. If surviving the fight is more important than raw dps, you must have shouted YES when Prydaz or healing pants dropped. Or this just matters when talking about corruption? There is no chance for you to argue out of it, even if you tried just now.

    Using avoidance as BM Hunter or Demo lock was it? LOL! Top 2000 guild raiders appearently is not what they used to be.

    Defensive corruptions as BM...
    BM is actually one of the worst classes defensively, lmao.

    You have turtle as a gimmick, then 1 exhilaration and you're pretty much SoL past that. Having an immunity and having good defensives aren't the same thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    Funny how I said in one of my posts that corruption is RNG, even despite the vendor ( imo somewhat still RNG before data-mining ).

    But yes, getting that IT on my paladin took forever, near the end ( a week somewhat before vendor was released ) I managed to get the RNG gods on my side and roll 3 good pieces with IT1.

    don't get me wrong, RNG surely is all part of games with an RPG aspect, it's been like this since 2004.
    But personally I'd say corruption is a bad system;

    - people in guilds started to focus on their BIS corruption, whereas some got lucky others didn't and got stuck ( which eventually turned out on top as BIS when stacked ) with stat sticks that they've put up in the bank.

    - fewer people have common sense & didnt understood the way the punishment worked that resulted in countless wipes in LFR or pugs.

    Please stop with comments that indicate the mass should've used the AH;

    THAT SAME MASS DOESNT HAVE MILLIONS OF GOLD. Only farmers, gold buyers, gold sellers ( account hackers ) and top end guilds had acces to such amounts of gold.

    It was seriously retarded as F to see a 460 shield go for 10M gold just because it had a socket & IS3.
    It's almost the same as seeing crafted resistance gear in vanilla for 10k ( not that it ever happened, but you get the idea ).
    Surely something powerful comes with a great price, but the inflation caused by corruptions was just.. meh.

    I like it how people keep saying that its an excellent system whilst blizzard themselves agreed it was absolutely horrendous to balance ( thus bad ).

    With the release of the vendor it was slightly improved, BUT the weekly upgrades were still far FAR behind with a cap of 3, making it very difficult for alts to catch up. Allowing you to be stuck with the same toon ever since launch.

    But why do guilds like Limit have all alts on the same level if you say this ?

    Well simply because this game is their jobs, like method/echo some high end raiders got payed for playing, then there's streamers etc. Trough sponsorships & donations. Making it hell of a lot easier to play 12-18h a day on multiple toons to keep them in line.
    and that's extremely funny because what had actually happened was people who had no idea what they were doing saw people who knew what they were doing and tried to capitalize on other stupid people.

    infinite stars on a shield.

    yeah.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    I'm not quite sure if your serious or just flat out ignorant here. Before I swapped to my monk, as a healer we rarely struggled with raid dying to eyes, Things from beyond and whatnot, simply because we cared about the system and understood the progress penalties if we'd go higher.

    You say you've used defensive corruptions if you'd go below a 90% treshhold, i yonder how many times you've been benched for not being able to bring the numbers required for maut, ra-den & n'zoth.

    Then again i believe your post consists out of random called plain BS & that you've either quit along time ago or being one of those LFR heroes ( nothing wrong with either )
    Average guilds were killing maut the first week, lol.
    Maut was never a dps check

  12. #332
    Customization is great, and corruption (if implemented correctly) is a great system. Unfortunately it was clear as day, shortly after release, that it was just another RNG drop fest with time-gating involved with no clear goals in mind. IMO, corruption can and should be used again but Blizzard really needs to hunker down and stop coming up with half-assed mechanics for a single patch.

    Corruption can be fun if they implemented the debuffs correctly, and for each class / spec so that the design was more enjoyable and interactive for each one.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    BM is actually one of the worst classes defensively, lmao
    Its the spec with most mobility in the game, there is no cast time whatsover. It is ranged, it can dodge everything without a loss and also, so funny it seems(lmao), one of the best defensives with turtle immunity. Avoiding mechanics easily is part of survivability. Why do I get the feeling you are just here trying to score points? One of the worst survivability in game? Lmao indeed.

    Its actually the opposite of worst. For me personally the one character I got most total corruption on. Ring? Run out and dps. Add? Run and keep dpsing the boss. Mechanics? BM Hunters laughs at mechanics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so you're shifting the goalposts that the items aren't identical.

    word
    No, you actually quoted that I said that you can get corruption that is a dps-loss, and you said no. No corruption is a dps loss you said. Obviously there are, you can of course equip avoidance with worse stats than non corrupted piece with best stat, but what would that be?

    A dps loss. So where was the moving of goalpost? When you started saying you would use avoidance anyway. You said something that is not true. A corruption can be a dps loss. If you get a rank 3 avoidance on pants with worse stats than the non-corrupted one, it would be a dps loss to equip it. Or are you denying it? Talk about being deflective.

    You write very similar to someone else here. Copying their style?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    Funny how I said in one of my posts that corruption is RNG, even despite the vendor ( imo somewhat still RNG before data-mining ).

    But yes, getting that IT on my paladin took forever, near the end ( a week somewhat before vendor was released ) I managed to get the RNG gods on my side and roll 3 good pieces with IT1.

    don't get me wrong, RNG surely is all part of games with an RPG aspect, it's been like this since 2004.
    But personally I'd say corruption is a bad system;

    - people in guilds started to focus on their BIS corruption, whereas some got lucky others didn't and got stuck ( which eventually turned out on top as BIS when stacked ) with stat sticks that they've put up in the bank.

    - fewer people have common sense & didnt understood the way the punishment worked that resulted in countless wipes in LFR or pugs.

    Please stop with comments that indicate the mass should've used the AH;

    THAT SAME MASS DOESNT HAVE MILLIONS OF GOLD. Only farmers, gold buyers, gold sellers ( account hackers ) and top end guilds had acces to such amounts of gold.

    It was seriously retarded as F to see a 460 shield go for 10M gold just because it had a socket & IS3.
    It's almost the same as seeing crafted resistance gear in vanilla for 10k ( not that it ever happened, but you get the idea ).
    Surely something powerful comes with a great price, but the inflation caused by corruptions was just.. meh.

    I like it how people keep saying that its an excellent system whilst blizzard themselves agreed it was absolutely horrendous to balance ( thus bad ).

    With the release of the vendor it was slightly improved, BUT the weekly upgrades were still far FAR behind with a cap of 3, making it very difficult for alts to catch up. Allowing you to be stuck with the same toon ever since launch.

    But why do guilds like Limit have all alts on the same level if you say this ?

    Well simply because this game is their jobs, like method/echo some high end raiders got payed for playing, then there's streamers etc. Trough sponsorships & donations. Making it hell of a lot easier to play 12-18h a day on multiple toons to keep them in line.

    Whereas the majority and core of the players have lives, jobs & family to look after.

    With whatever reasoning people in this thread bring, you won't change my mind, as a father of two, I say this system has been the worst ever since anything was introduced.
    Are you replying to the wrong poster? I agree with you 100%, thought that was pretty clear that I think corruption is a bad system. Too much rng and too much unbalance, and they even had to put up a vendor to stop the vocal voices about the horrendous rng.

    And yeah, the point about just buying them from the AH is the most stupid argument ever. That should tell us that the system is awful. Just buy bis from AH for a few million gold! Funny thing is, the defenders of the system that brings this argument up is arguing for us who think its a bad system. It's just self-explanatory that this system is bad when thats their argument.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 06:33 AM.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamrik View Post
    wait until you see the covenant clown fiesta in live
    OMG, ability x makes a bit more damage than ability y. It's ridiculous even to compare these two: Convenant-abilities as i see it right now doesn't make up more than half of your damage as corrupted items too. And even if they do, they are integrated into our classes, instead of being items. And because they are items, it's totally insane that they do more damage than our classes itself: hoping for rng and a proc is far different than using some convenant-abilities.

    The system is good compared to many systems we have in live. I rather have convenants than any system we had in BfA: Azerite-Items are far far far far far worse than convenants, and corrupted items are worse than azerite-items.

    Still: was it the worst system ever added to the game? Maybe, that something i can't answer yet. Blizzard had so many systems ingame that i'm not totally sure.

    Edit: and no, it isn't. Timegating is by far the worst thing they added in the game, after this comes (because it made the game so much worse at the time it was introduced) Valor gear tying to Daily reputations in MoP (actually a timegating too), so all in all it's fricking timegating. That's the worst system they ever added to the game.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-07-29 at 06:39 AM.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    infinite stars on a shield.

    yeah.
    What are you implying here?
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They do not compete with damaging traits that are several 1000% dps increase over gemhide or resounding protection. No one would ever gimp themselves like that. They are good traits for where they are, but they only compete with other defensive traits/very little throughput gains, if any.
    They cant/dont compete with DPS traits because they are only on the Innermost Ring, which per default is a choice between two defensive Traits. And in my Opionion the Protection one gives overall the best HPS.

  17. #337
    Bloodsail Admiral czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't think I remember many other things that were as bad as corruption. The funny thing is the closest in 2nd place was added in BFA as well... Azerite armor.

    Maybe some close competitors...

    Garrison? Hard to say that was bad, it was just that there was no other content to do in the game, as we saw in Legion when it was a supplement to the main content it was fine.

    Um... flying? I think its fine now but an argument could be made it shrunk the world.

    Phasing/CRZ might be a contender. Practically speaking, some servers were dead, but it also made the world feel less authentic.

    Someone help me here.
    Both sounds good on paper. But in live they are just bad. Iloved the corruption idea but how they looks and works are just bad.

  18. #338
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,670
    No. Next question?
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  19. #339
    One of the worst if not the worst one, competing with the rng acquisition of legendaries in Legion.

    And they had the guts of adding a rotation on the corruption vendor as if this system was not infuriating enough.

    Made me quit the game for several months when I was not looting decent corruptions and other ppl kept getting Echoing Void (when it was busted) etc... So I went from top dps to middle of the pack just because rng.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its the spec with most mobility in the game, there is no cast time whatsover. It is ranged, it can dodge everything without a loss and also, so funny it seems(lmao), one of the best defensives with turtle immunity. Avoiding mechanics easily is part of survivability. Why do I get the feeling you are just here trying to score points? One of the worst survivability in game? Lmao indeed.

    Its actually the opposite of worst. For me personally the one character I got most total corruption on. Ring? Run out and dps. Add? Run and keep dpsing the boss. Mechanics? BM Hunters laughs at mechanics.

    - - - Updated - - -


    No, you actually quoted that I said that you can get corruption that is a dps-loss, and you said no. No corruption is a dps loss you said. Obviously there are, you can of course equip avoidance with worse stats than non corrupted piece with best stat, but what would that be?

    A dps loss. So where was the moving of goalpost? When you started saying you would use avoidance anyway. You said something that is not true. A corruption can be a dps loss. If you get a rank 3 avoidance on pants with worse stats than the non-corrupted one, it would be a dps loss to equip it. Or are you denying it? Talk about being deflective.

    You write very similar to someone else here. Copying their style?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Are you replying to the wrong poster? I agree with you 100%, thought that was pretty clear that I think corruption is a bad system. Too much rng and too much unbalance, and they even had to put up a vendor to stop the vocal voices about the horrendous rng.

    And yeah, the point about just buying them from the AH is the most stupid argument ever. That should tell us that the system is awful. Just buy bis from AH for a few million gold! Funny thing is, the defenders of the system that brings this argument up is arguing for us who think its a bad system. It's just self-explanatory that this system is bad when thats their argument.
    I think I quoted the wrong person quite indeed, apologies!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •