This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)
The town hall in Chessy
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|Intercommunality||Val d'Europe Agglomération|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Olivier Bourjot|
|5.74 km2 (2.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||37–130 m (121–427 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Chessy (pronounced [ʃɛsi]) is a commune in the eastern suburbs of Paris, in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France region in north-central France. It is located 30.6 km (19.0 mi) from the center of Paris.
Chessy is famous as the location of Disneyland Paris, which lies for the most part on the territory of the commune of Chessy.
A village of only 760 inhabitants in 1982, Chessy was since then absorbed by the suburbs of Paris, and due to booming demographic growth the population reached 2,418 at the 2004 census. When current development projects are completed, the population of Chessy is expected to reach 6,000.
The inhabitants are called Cassassiens.
Chessy is served by two stations on Paris RER line, SNCF TGV :
- Val d'Europe
- Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy (this station is located at the hub area of Disneyland Paris).
- direct link to CDG airport via TGV, only 15mins, awsome.SNCF
Three preschool and elementary schools, L'école maternelle et élémentaire Cornélius, L'école maternelle et élémentaire Gaïus, and L'école maternelle et élémentaire Tournesol, are in Chessy.
Senior high schools in the surrounding area include Lycée Emilie Brontë in Lognes, Lycée Emilie du Châtelet in Serris, Lycée Pierre de Coubertin in Meaux, Lycée Martin Luther King in Bussy-Saint-Georges, Lycée René Cassin in Noisiel, and Lycée Van Dongen in Lagny-sur-Marne. Vocational high schools in the surrounding area include Emilie du Châtelet, Lycée technique Pierre de Coubertin, LEP Auguste Perdonnet in Thorigny-sur-Marne, LEP Charles Baudelaire in Meaux, and LEP Louis Lumière in Chelles.
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2018". INSEE. 28 December 2020.
- "Ecoles maternelles et primaires." Chessy. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- "Enseignement secondaire." Chessy. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chessy, Seine-et-Marne.|
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (in English)
- Base Mérimée: Search for heritage in the commune, Ministère français de la Culture. (in French)