Cactus (2008 film)
|Directed by||Jasmine Yuen-Carrucan|
|Produced by||Paul Sullivan|
|Written by||Jasmine Yuen-Carrucan|
|Music by||Nerida Tyson-Chew|
|Edited by||Mark Perry|
Open Space Films
|Distributed by||Hoyts Distribution|
Cactus is a road movie centred on a kidnapping.
The movie begins with John Kelly pulling Eli Jones (David Lyons) from his city residence, drugging him and driving across regional Australia for three days. On the journey, John and Eli begin to interact and talk, as well as having a run-in with a rogue cop and encountering "Thommo", a trucker.
- Travis McMahon as John Kelly
- David Lyons as Eli Jones
- Bryan Brown as Rosco (the 'outback Cop')
- Shane Jacobson as Thommo
- Zoe Tuckwell-Smith as Sammy
- Daniel Krige as Mal
- Celia Ireland as Vesna
- Seymon Eckert as Katie
- John Martin as Petrol Attendant
- Steve Rodgers as Spuddo (voice)
- Wayne Walker as Ute Driver
- Cheyenne as Charlie Sparkles
- Craig Bartlett as Radio Operator
- Robert Whiteside as Bar Patron
- Russell Hunt as Bar Patron
- Robert Shearim as Bar Patron
- Elspeth Baird as Gardening woman
- "Meet the Contenders – the feature films in the running for the L'Oréal Paris 2008 'Best Film' AFI Award". Australian Film Institute. Archived from the original on 19 September 2009. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "London Australia Film Festival: CACTUS". Archived from the original on 21 June 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- Andrew L Urban, "BROWN, BRYAN & MCMAHON, TRAVIS", Urban Cinefile. Retrieved 11 November 2012
- Knight, Anneli (1 May 2009). "Australia's best road movies". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Cactus | New Town Films". Archived from the original on 22 May 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- * OFFOFFOFF film festival BROOKLYN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- Gibbs, Liam. "Cactus (2008)". Two Flat Whites. Retrieved 13 April 2010.