THE BLACKCOMB ASCENT TRAILS
We have reimagined the resort experience to further prioritize the health and safety of our employees and guests in response to COVID-19. We invite you to learn about the new procedures and protocols being implemented with your safety, our employees’ safety, and the safety of our communities in mind.
"These trails have been designed to showcase the beauty and diversity of Blackcomb Mountain while offering an exhilarating uphill hike with the option to download using our lift system. This allows guests to maximize the health benefits of a continuous uphill climb while avoiding the pounding of downhill hiking."
- Arthur De Jong, Mountain Planning and Environmental Resource Manager at Whistler Blackcomb
BREATHTAKING OLD-GROWTH COASTAL RAIN FOREST TERRAIN
WALK AMONG GIANTS.
Photos: Mitch Winton
HOURS OF OPERATION
Access the Blackcomb Ascent Trails during Blackcomb Gondola hours of operation for download.Hikers will need to complete all three Burns before the lifts close to access lifts for download.
*Dependent on weather and conditions
PURCHASE Tickets Online
|Blackcomb Ascent 1-Day Trail Ticket||Adult||$43|
|Blackcomb Ascent Midstation Download Only Ticket||All Ages||$15|
Purchase Blackcomb Ascent Trails Lift Tickets in advance online. Tickets are not available to purchase on mountain.
Hike to the top of the Blackcomb Gondola Midstation (Big Burn) and download
Hike to the top of the Blackcomb Gondola (Heart Burn) and download at your leisure.
Hike to the top of the Blackcomb Gondola (Heart Burn), ride The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola and download the Whistler Village Gondola.
- Summer 2020 360 Ticket & Passholders
- Winter 2020.21 Passholders
- Summer 2020 Bike Park Passholders
Hike from the valley bottom to the alpine on Blackcomb Mountain using three inter-connected uphill trails that ascend through old growth coastal rainforest. In total, the trails gain 1,200 metres over 6.2km. Once at the top, you can choose to continue your adventure along our alpine hiking trails or download back to the base using our lift system.
Elevation Change: 74m (243ft)
The first portion of the Ascent Trails meanders between ski runs up to Base 2 of Blackcomb as a mellow start to the adventure.
Elevation Change: 494m (1621ft)
This second section of the Ascent Trails climbs to Blackcomb Gondola Midstation. From here, ticket options allow you to transfer to our lift system for upload or download.
Elevation Change: 607m (1991ft)
If your legs are able to continue, the last section of trail ascends to the Rendezvous Lodge on Blackcomb through impressive old growth forest and treats you to spectacular views close to the summit.
TIPS & SAFETY
TIPS FOR HIKING
- Never hike alone.
- Be prepared. Mountain weather changes frequently so carry extra clothing.
- Observe all closures. Stay on marked trails to avoid damage to the alpine ecosystem.
- Treat all wildlife with caution. Do not feed or approach bears.
- Carry water, a snack, sunscreen and a watch. Make note of the last ride down (5pm).
- No hiking permitted in the Bike Park.
- No fires, dogs or camping allowed.
Infants/toddlers can be taken on a chairlift (excluding PEAK CHAIR) if they are strapped securely to the parent’s body in a sling, snugly or front carrier. Backpack carriers are not permitted.
Due to fire and environmental concerns, smoking is not permitted anywhere on Whistler Blackcomb property.
The slopes of Whistler Blackcomb provide the perfect environment for black bears.
- If you see a bear, do not approach him/her. Give the bear time to get away or if he/she approaches, back away slowly.
- While hiking, make a noise occasionally or wear a bell to help prevent surprising an animal.
- Never litter, even biodegradable items such as fruit peels. It only attracts bears and gets them into trouble. These days, bears need our respect and support more than ever, so we can share the mountains with them for generations to come.