For some, it may come easily, but for others, finding what to write in a birthday card can be hard. Birthdays mark an important milestone in someone’s life. They have made it to another year and that deserves some sort of recognition. Whether you are sending a card with nice birthday flowers or a thoughtful gift, finding the right words to say will make them feel loved on their special day.
Sending a heartfelt birthday message is the perfect way to show someone how much meaning they bring to your life. To help you choose the right birthday card messages, we have selected 48 of the best messages for moms, friends and everyone in between.
Before you begin choosing your special message, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choosing the right card: Will you make the card by hand? Buy it from this store? Do you want your message to be funny or sincere? This may feel like an obvious step, but often times people forget and just choose the first card they see. Choosing the right card will lay the foundation for what your message will say, and therefore should require some thought.
- Who is receiving the card: This is one of the most important things to note when writing a birthday card. You are writing this message to someone else, therefore the message should be geared toward their personality and what they like. Put yourself in their shoes, and think of what will make them feel the most special.
Birthday Wishes for a Friend
Friends play an important role in our lives. They are the family we get to choose and should be celebrated for that. Let your friend know how much they mean to you with a thoughtful birthday message.
- You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday best friend! I hope you have a day just as amazing as you are.
- Thank you for being such a great friend. Happy birthday!
- Your friendship means the world to me. I hope you have the best day.
- You are so special to me, I didn’t even need Facebook to remind me it was your birthday!
- So glad I have a friend like you to grow old with! To many more years of unwanted gray hairs.
Birthday Wishes for Mom
Your mom has given you so much. She is the one who brought you into this world and sometimes finding words to express gratitude for that can be difficult. Here are some birthday messages to let the most important woman in your life know just how much you care.
- Mom, you are so amazing. I want to be just like you when I grow up!
- Mom, you make me the happiest person in the world. I hope you have the best birthday ever!
- You are the most beautiful, loving, caring, and amazing woman I know. I wish you the happiest birthday today.
- Mom, I hope you know how special you are to me. I am so blessed to have you as a mother.
- Here is to another year of you putting up with me! Happy birthday, mom.
Birthday Wishes for Dad
Your dad is your rock, and your knight in shining armor. He is your protector and someone you can lean on when times get rough. His birthday is a special one and should be celebrated as such. Here are some birthday messages to help you do that.
- Another great year of laughs, smiles, and memories. I am so lucky to have you, dad!
- From baseball to barbecues, you can truly do it all. I love you, dad!
- Dad, you are my role model, hero, and best friend. I love you so much!
- I still admire you every single day. Happy birthday to the best dad in the world!
- Another year, another gray hair. Happy Birthday, dad!
- They say that age comes with wisdom. So a big happy birthday to the wisest man I know!
Birthday Wishes for Your Daughter
Watching your daughter grow up and face the challenges of life is not easy. You can’t always be there to hold her hand when you want to. Use her birthday as a time to express your love and tell her just how much she means to you.
- Happy birthday to you beautiful! You will always be my little girl.
- You have grown up to be such a beautiful woman! I love you, sweetie.
- Watching you grow up has been such a treat. I am so proud of you.
- Dearest daughter, I love you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life.
- They say a daughter grows up to be just like her mother and you are growing up beautifully!
- Even though you can drive me crazy… I wouldn’t change a thing about you! Happy birthday, I love you.
Birthday Wishes for Your Son
A son has a special bond with both his mother and his father. He may try to act tough, but showing him how much your relationship means to you through a birthday message will really mean a lot to him.
- To my perfect son, thank you for putting a smile on my face every day. Happy birthday!
- I am so proud of the man you are growing up to be! I love you.
- You are such an amazing son and are growing up to be an even more amazing man. Happy birthday, I love you!
- You mean so much to your mother and me. We look forward to watching you accomplish all you can in life.
- Happy birthday my son. Maybe you’ll be able to grow a mustache this year!
- Despite the gray hairs I have sprouted since your birth, you never stop putting a smile on my face. I love you so much!
Birthday Messages for Your Significant Other
Writing a birthday message for your significant other can be difficult. How do you tell the love of your life just how much they mean to you? Whether you are dating or married, use their birthday as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship. Here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Happy birthday to the light of my life. I love you!
- You deserve the world and more. Happy birthday, my love!
- You make me a better person every day. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
- Thank you for being my person, my rock, and my best friend. I love you with all my heart.
- Happy birthday to the only one who understands my sense of humor! I love you.
- I was going to sing you a song, but we both know that wouldn’t be very good. Happy birthday!
Birthday Messages for Siblings
Your sibling has been by your side throughout your life. Although you may fight, they are someone who will always have your back. Let them know just how much they mean to you with a heartfelt birthday message.
- To my sibling and my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without you!
- Happy birthday to my other half! Thanks for always being there for me.
- I am so lucky to be able to grow up with you. Happy birthday!
- Thanks for always being such an amazing role model. I love you!
- I didn’t always like sharing with you, but I am so lucky we got to share our childhood together! Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to the second coolest person I know! I love you.
Belated Birthday Wishes
Don’t worry, it happens to all of us. Use what you write on your birthday card as a way to make up for your forgetfulness. For those times where you forgot a birthday, here are some clever ways that you can show that person that they are still important to you.
- So sorry this message is reaching you late. I hope you had an amazing birthday, you deserve it!
- Happy birthday, month! You deserve someone who will celebrate you more than one day a year.
- Happy belated birthday! I hope your day was as special as you.
- I know that I am sending this message a little late, but that does not mean you do not mean the world to me! Happy belated.
- I am wishing you a very happy birthday….fashionably late of course!
- I knew you would be overwhelmed with birthday wishes on your actual birthday, so I decided to wait a day. Happy belated from your most thoughtful friend!
Whether you are celebrating your sister or a dear friend, finding the right message to show you care is important. To help you get started writing your birthday messages we have created a fun shareable for you to use below.
Now that you have written your perfect birthday message, make sure to choose a gift that matches it. Sending flowers with a heartfelt card is always a great option when saying happy birthday. Browse our birthday collection and choose the perfect gift for that special someone!