38 Best Truth or Dare Questions Over Text - The only list you need.
Truth or dare questions over text is an awesome game to play over the phone because you can ask some super fun things, especially if you can't play truth or dare in person. Truth or dare questions are great for people you've known for years and people you've only just met because they can help you learn much more about the other person.
While it can be easy to think of crazy dares, coming up with fun questions to ask can often prove more tricky. However, all you really need is a big list of fantastic questions to ask while playing truth or dare. In contrast to ice breaker questions, truth or dare questions can be a little more cheeky or personal, to help you really get to know someone. If you're looking for truth or dare questions over text, look no further than the awesome list below.
16 Best Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
In some ways, playing truth or dare over text can make it easier, but in other ways, it makes the game harder. You need to think of some amazing questions to ask because you're not there to see the other person's facial expressions and hear an off-the-cuff answer - when asking truth or dare questions over text, you need to make them count. It'll certainly be easier to choose brilliant and fun questions after you've taken a look at the list below.
Here are the 16 best truth or dare questions over text:
1. Have you ever fallen in front of your crush?
While all of us have had a crush, some of us have done some embarrassing things or had accidents in front of them.
2. If I went through your room, what is something I would be shocked to find?
This is a question that could garner a very fun or very honest answer.
3. What is one secret you are hiding from your mom?
If you really want to get to know someone then you'll need to know their secrets too.
4. Have you ever practiced kissing the mirror?
This is a very revealing question and one that might catch the other person playing the game off-guard.
5. Do you cover your eyes during the scary parts of a movie?
If you're asking a guy this question you can be sure that he'll try to act tough.
6. Have you ever eaten something off the floor?
Who hasn't eaten something off the floor? The question is whether you have a three-second, five-second or 10-minute rule.
7. How many selfies have you’ve taken until now?
We all love to take selfies but some more than others. With modern phones, you can see exactly how many photos have been taken using the front camera.
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done on public transportation?
Many of us haven't done very crazy things but some people have some interesting stories to tell.
9. What’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said about someone else?
The person you're playing truth or dare with might choose not to answer this - would you want to tell someone about the meanest thing you've said?
10. How many gossip blogs do you read a day?
People who read loads of gossip blogs might choose not to disclose exactly how many they read per day.
11. What’s your most embarrassing late-night purchase?
This is a fun question to ask a friend or family member because lots of us like to shop online late at night.
12. How often do you wash your sheets?
You'll never think of someone in the same way when you ask them this.
13. Do you prefer Apple or Android?
Most people could answer this question easily but some people feel very strongly about their preference.
14. Have you ever tasted your sweat?
Think about whether you would want to answer this question about your sweat before you ask someone else.
15. What salad dressing could you drink out of the bottle?
A follow-up question could ask whether they actually ever have drunk it straight from the bottle.
16. Have you ever read anyone’s diary?
Reading someone else's diary isn't a nice thing to do but sometimes people have juicy stories to tell about the time that they read a diary.
9 Truth or Dare Questions for Adults Over Text
Many of us play truth or dare for the first time in our early teens but it can be exciting and funny to get nostalgic by playing this game as an adult. Truth or dare questions for adults are slightly different to other truth or dare questions in that they are very revealing and often flirty too.
Here are 9 truth or dare questions for adults over text:
17. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction?
Remembering that time their dress blew up or their flies were undone will make the person that you're asking cringe.
18. What is that one thing you would never do for all the money in the world?
You can expect that the answer to this question might get rude or disgusting.
19. Have you ever heard your parents sleeping together?
A question like this is very revealing and one that will certainly make your feel like you know more about the other person than you did before.
20. Have you ever hacked into someone’s social media to read their messages?
You might get an exciting story in return when you ask this question.
21. Who do you think is the most unattractive of all your friends?
If you're looking for dare questions over text that will almost definitely make the other person choose a dare, this is one of them.
22. How often do you clear your browsing history?
Some people need to clear their browsing history for work, while others only clear it to hide their tracks.
23. How old were you when you found out how babies are made?
Although it can be difficult for most of us to remember, some people might have funny or scary stories about when and how they found out.
24. Would you consider to have a nude painting?
You could pose this as asking whether you would have a nude painting on your wall or whether you would have a nude painting done of you.
25. What was the last rate-R movie you watched?
Although R-rated movies often aren't very racy, this is a fun question to ask.
7 Truth or Dare Questions for Couples Over Text
If you can't be together with your significant other, you'll probably be texting them a lot. You can make those texts more interesting and exciting by playing truth or dare. These truth or dare questions for couples are just what you need.
Here are 7 truth or dare questions for couples over text:
26. What’s the cruelest thing you’ve ever done or said to a romantic partner?
Although the answer might be surprising, this is a good question to ask a new partner because you will get to see the situation from their point of view.
27. Would you marry someone rich even if you weren’t in love with them?
If you were playing truth or dare, would you choose to answer this question or complete a dare?
28. What’s the most annoying habit your partner has?
Remember that the person in question when asking this is you - your significant other might choose to complete a dare instead of telling you how annoying you are.
29. Who’s the oldest person you’ve dated?
Men tend to date women who are younger than them and women tend to date older men. Because of this, you might be amazed at the answer when you ask this question.
30. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done, or that someone has done for you?
Thinking back on the most romantic moments in your life can either fill you with warmth or make you wince.
31. What pictures or videos of you do you wish didn’t exist?
We all remember at least a few photos or videos that we regret posing for.
32. What was the most awkward romantic encounter you have had?
Awkward encounters often make for the best stories.
6 Funny Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
There's no denying that the most amusing truth or dare questions are funny truth or dare questions. These allow you to ask quite personal questions but with a brilliant air of humor that makes both people playing laugh. If you need inspiration for the funniest truth or dare questions over text, simply take your pick from the questions below.
Here are 6 funny truth or dare questions over text:
33. How many times have you forgotten to wear underwear when you went outside?
For some people, the answer might be none, while others might startle you by telling you that they regularly go out without underpants.
34. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
If you went to the same school then the person you're asking might choose not to answer this question.
35. What would you do if you ran out of toilet paper?
This is a great question which requires an active imagination in order to figure out what to do.
36. Have you ever picked your nose and eaten it?
Although this is a fun query it's unlikely that anyone would own up to doing this.
37. Have you ever shared chewing gum with anyone?
Some might find this romantic while others will find it a bit disgusting.
38. Have you ever danced on a table when you were drunk?
You might get to hear an amusing story about a crazy drunken night.
How to Pick the Best Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
In just a few quick steps you'll be able to choose the most fun and most perfect truth or dare questions over text.
Here's how to pick the best truth or dare questions over text:
1. Who Are You Playing With?
The first thing to consider when choosing truth or dare questions is who you're playing the game with. If you're playing with a friend or sibling, it's likely that you're going to ask different questions when compared to playing with your partner or crush. Avoid questions about relationships or intimacy when playing with friends or family as you want to keep the game lighthearted.
2. Do You Want to be Serious or Flirty?
If you're playing with your significant other, someone you're dating or someone you have a crush on, ask yourself whether you want the game to have a serious or flirty tone. A serious game can be useful to get to know someone better. However, a flirty game with flirty truth questions can be fun and exciting.
3. Difficult or Easy?
No matter who you're playing with, you can choose questions that are easy or difficult. Easy truth or dare questions over text are fun but simple to answer, while difficult questions can really make the other person either think hard or cringe.
Downloadable and Printable List of Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
Here is the list of truth or dare questions over text (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
More awesome Dares to do with your friends and family
Playing truth or dare is fun and thrilling because you have to choose between answering questions or doing exciting dares. For more ideas of dares that you can challenge your friends and family to complete just take a look below:
- If you want to make sure that your dare isn't forgotten in a hurry, choose these super embarrassing dares that your friends and family can complete.
- It can be really hard to come up with the most amusing dares, this is why this list of funny dares is a must-see.
- If you can't be there with your friends, why not challenge them to a game via text? You'll need to think of some awesome dares over text if you want to embarrass them.
Be sure to use these fantastic truth or dare questions over text the next time you're playing truth or dare to gain some insight into the mind of your family member, friend or partner.