Ashley Walters net worth: Bulletproof star's wealth revealed
- Ashley Walters's new action TV show Bulletproof recently premiered on Sky One
- The show, which also stars Noel Clarke, centers on two police officers in London
- The multitalented Walters was also part of a popular London hip-hop group
After his years of success in both acting and music, Ashley Walters’s career just might be bulletproof.
The multitalented actor and musician, also known as rapper Asher D, recently premiered his new buddy cop TV series Bulletproof on Sky One on May 15 alongside costar Noel Clarke. It’s just the latest success for the man of many talents.
But just who exactly is Ashley Walters? Here’s all you need to know about who he is, his age, net worth, how he makes his money, family, movies and TV shows and new show Bulletproof.
Ashley Walters, right, costars alongside Noel Clarke, left, in the new TV series Bulletproof
Who is Ashley Walters?
Ashley Walters is an actor and rapper who costars alongside Noel Clarke on the new crime-drama TV series Bulletproof.
Walters was born in London on June 30, 1982.
After appearing in several theater productions, Walters broke into TV and film acting after appearing in the TV series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in 1992. He later joined the hip-hop group So Solid Crew, rapping under the name Asher D and eventually releasing his own solo albums and mixtapes.
Walters continued his successful acting career, appearing in TV shows such as Grange Hill, The Hidden City, Hustle, Top Boy, The Aliens and Safe House. In 2005, Walters also appeared alongside 50 Cent in his biopic Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
More recently, Walters appeared alongside Noel Clarke on the new buddy cop TV show Bulletproof, which premiered on Sky One on May 15.
How old is Ashley Walters?
Ashley Walters is 35 years old.
He was born on June 30, 1982.
What is Ashley Walters’s net worth?
Ashley Walters’s net worth is believed to be about $3 million (£2.2 million), according to Celebrity Net Worth.
How does Ashley Walters make his money?
Walters’s wealth is the result of his success in acting as well as music.
Since his TV acting debut in 1992 on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Walters has gone on to appear in other shows such as Grange Hill, The Hidden City, Top Boy, Truckers, Top Buzzer, Five Days, Safe House, The Aliens and many others. He’s also appeared in a number of movies over the course of his career, notably the 50 Cent biopic Get Rich or Die Tryin’ released in 2005.
In addition to his successful acting career, Walters has also earned money through his music career, releasing hip-hop material under the moniker Asher D, with his song Back in the Day/Why Me? peaking at number 43 on the UK Singles Chart in 2002. To date, he’s released seven mixtapes and four studio albums. He was also a member of the hip-hop group So Solid Crew, writing the group’s lyrics and performing with them.
Who is Ashley Walters’s wife?
Ashley Walters has been married to Danielle Isaie since June 22, 2013. The couple welcomed a daughter, Amiaya-Love Walters, in August 2014 and a son, River Leslie Walters, in October 2016.
In September 2017, Walters revealed that he has in fact fathered eight children.
Ashley Walters movies and TV shows
Since breaking into the TV and film industry, Walters has appeared in a number of notable TV series and movies.
His TV debut occurred in 1992 when he appeared in the series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles for one episode. He later played a recurring role in the show Grange Hill in 1997 before landing later roles in shows like The Hidden City in 2002, Hustle in 2007 and Top Boy in 2011 and 2013.
Walters made his film acting debut in 1999 after making several appearances in short films and later appeared in 50 Cent’s biographical crime drama Get Rich or Die Tryin’, released in November 2005. Other films to Walters’s credit include the 2005 sports drama Goal! and the 2016 thriller Billionaire Ransom.
Ashley Walters in Bulletproof
Walters recently appeared in the new buddy cop action TV series Bulletproof alongside Noel Clarke.
The show revolves around two police officers played by Walters and Clarke tasked with stamping out crime in the East End of London. The new show was inspired by Bad Boys and other American law enforcement movies and TV shows.
Walters states: ‘I grew up on Bad Boys and I've always wondered why I could never see any cop shows like that on TV over here, with the kind of people that I can relate to.’
The idea for the program had been toyed with by Walters and Clarke for several years before finally entering production. According to Walters: ‘We came up with the idea maybe seven years ago, or eight years, something like that. And then it got put on the back-burner, pretty much, something like five years or something like that.’
The six-episode TV series premiered on Sky One on Tuesday, May 15 and can be seen at 9pm BST.
IN OTHER NEWS...
- Barack Obama's 'Four more years', Ellen's Oscars selfie, World Record Egg and more: The most popular tweets of the last decade
- This is what happens to your body when you start walking to work
- From sloths to $8 million necklaces: Nicest things celebrity husbands have done for their wives
- From carbon budgets and greener cities to the Paris Agreement: What is the UK Government doing to tackle climate change?
- Out of left field! A quarter of Apollo Astronauts were lefties and 13 more amazing facts about left-handed people
- It's all right! Nine things left handed people find impossible to use
- That's owl folks! Celebrate International Owl Awareness Day with these 11 amazing facts about the majestic birds
- What's in a name? The remarkable reason the Queen rejected Princess Beatrice's original moniker
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: The best home deals available today from instant hot pots, Le Creuset, Dyson and more
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: Best deals on video games for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One including Mortal Kombat 11 and more
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: The best kids toy and game deals available today including LEGO, Barbie, and Hatchimals
- From Sandra Oh to Jim Carrey: The Canadian stars who have voiced Disney characters
- On your bike! How Canadian cyclist Michael Woods went from breaking running records to riding in the Tour de France
- It's not the national sport, the winters are 'horrific' and ten years ago they had no stars. So just how DID Canada start producing tennis champions-in-waiting?
- Will business be booming for the CEO of Milos Raonic Tennis? The Canadian ace's rise to the top ahead of Wimbledon 2019
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: Dates revealed ahead of massive two-day parade of 'non-stop' deals
- Venus Williams and boyfriend Nicky Hammond 'call it quits after two years of dating'
- Finger lickin' spud! KFC is now offering mashed potato and two more sides, and the fans can't wait to get their hands on it
- Raise the roof! Inventor creates One Foot Taller 'periscope glasses' to help short people see over the crowds at music gigs
- Will Steph Houghton lead her Lionesses to victory at the Women's World Cup? The England captain is ready to make history
Most watched News videos
- 'You never forget his smile': community pays tribute to David Amess
- Thrilling moment police intercept drug mule carrying £70k cocaine
- Andrew Rosindell MP: 'We cannot let evil destroy our democracy'
- Hillary Clinton and Huma leave hospital after visiting Bill
- Thug hurls abuse at woman on tube until passengers tackle him
- Boris Johnson warns Covid-19 is still a risk as UK deaths up by 148
- Sadiq Khan makes statement after death of MP Sir David Amess
- BBC reporter downplays David Amess murder suspect's Somali origins
- Ex-advisor: Yvette Cooper received sympathy card with death threats
- Onlookers drive past crime scene of fatal stabbing of teen in Glasgow
- DJ: McGregor 'violent and dangerous' after he attacked 'for no reason'
- Police stand outside London home of Ali Harbi Ali as press gather