|Other names||Amanda Kloots-Larsen|
(m. 2017; died 2020)
She performed as part of the ensemble in several musicals on Broadway, including Good Vibrations, Follies, Young Frankenstein and Bullets Over Broadway. She is a former member of the dance company the Rockettes.
In 2020, Kloots received significant media attention for her Instagram documentation of her husband's struggle and eventual death from COVID-19. She also launched a digital fitness brand, containing videos of exercise classes taught by her. That same year, Kloots served as a guest co-host on the CBS daytime talk show The Talk. She joined The Talk as a permanent co-host in January 2021. Kloots is also set to release a memoir, co-authored with her sister, titled Live Your Life in June 2021.
Kloots was married to actor David Larsen for six years. She was later married to actor Nick Cordero from 2017 until his death in 2020; the two met while working on Bullets Over Broadway. The couple had a son in 2019. She lives in Los Angeles.
|2014||Bullets Over Broadway||Ensemble (credited as Amanda Kloots-Larsen)||St. James Theatre|||
- Kane, Dan, "Amanda Kloots-Larsen goes from Canton to Broadway", Canton Rep, May 15, 2014
- Stump, Scott (July 6, 2020). "Nick Cordero's last Instagram post in March was a touching tribute to his wife". Today. Archived from the original on December 2, 2020. Retrieved December 2, 2020.
The Broadway star [...] paid tribute to wife Amanda Kloots on her birthday on March 19 after also writing a sweet message to her a month earlier on Valentine's Day.
- Paulson, Michael (September 22, 2020). "'He Never Quit': Nick Cordero's Widow on Grief, God and Perseverance". The New York Times. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
Kloots, who is 38
- Onofri, Adrienne. "GYPSY OF THE MONTH: Amanda Kloots-Larsen of 'Follies'". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- Collins, Glenn (September 22, 2015). "Joshua Jay and Anna Kloots: A Magician Marries His Assistant". The New York Times. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- "Bullets Over Broadway: Theater Review". The Hollywood Reporter. April 10, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- "Amanda Kloots-Larsen". Playbill. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Paulson, Michael (September 22, 2020). "'He Never Quit': Nick Cordero's Widow on Grief, God and Perseverance". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Chung, Gabrielle (August 19, 2020). "Amanda Kloots' 'Rockette Sisters' Visit Her Home in 'First Weekend Alone' Since Nick Cordero's Death". People. Retrieved December 3, 2020.
- Mauch, Ally (December 1, 2020). "Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth Announced as New Co-Hosts on The Talk". People. Archived from the original on December 1, 2020. Retrieved December 10, 2020.
Kloots, a former Broadway dancer and Radio City Rockette turned entrepreneur and fitness instructor, was thrust into the spotlight earlier this year while documenting her husband Nick Cordero's battle with COVID-19.
- Haney, Stephanie (December 2, 2020). "Canton native Amanda Kloots to join CBS's 'The Talk' as permanent co-host beginning in January". Cleveland, Ohio: WKYC. Archived from the original on December 10, 2020.
Kloots, mother to their 1-year-old son Elvis Eduardo Cordero, famously chronicled her late husband and Hamilton star's experience with coronavirus on social media, helping shed light on the impact it can have on younger people.
- Nied, Jennifer (September 30, 2020). "Amanda Kloots' Husband Died Of COVID-19 At Age 41. Here's How She's Staying Strong". Women's Health. Retrieved December 24, 2020.
- McNeal, Stephenie. "This Fitness Influencer's Husband Is In The ICU Battling The Coronavirus. Here's How Instagram Is Helping Her Cope". BuzzFeed News. Retrieved December 24, 2020.
- Curran, Sarah (November 6, 2020). "'The Talk' Guest-Host Amanda Kloots Gets Tearful On Anniversary Of Husband Nick Cordero's Passing". Entertainment Tonight Canada. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (December 1, 2020). "'The Talk': Amanda Kloots & Elaine Welteroth Named Full-Time Co-Hosts". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 2, 2020.
- McNiece, Mia (October 21, 2020). "Amanda Kloots to Release Memoir About Her and Nick Cordero's Incredible Love Story". People. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Finn, Natalie (July 7, 2020). "Inside Nick Cordero and Amanda Kloots' Heartwarming, Heartbreaking Love Story". E! News. Archived from the original on December 10, 2020. Retrieved December 5, 2020.
When she joined the cast of 'Bullets', she was recently divorced following a six-year marriage to actor David Larsen...
- Russian, Ale (July 6, 2020). "Inside Nick Cordero and Amanda Kloots' Amazing Love Story as He Dies at 41: 'My Heart Is Broken'". People. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Fierberg, Ruthie (June 11, 2019). "Broadway's Nick Cordero and Amanda Kloots Welcome First Child". Playbill. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- Madani, Doha (July 6, 2020). "Amanda Kloots, widow of Nick Cordero, calls Trump's Covid-19 comments 'disgraceful'". NBC News. Retrieved November 22, 2020.