Alcatraz Island Map PDF File download a printable Image FileAlcatraz-map
Alcatraz Island Map Image File
Operating Hours & Seasons
|The hours of operation vary with the season. Departures are available about every half hour throughout the day beginning at 8:45am. Evening tours, Behind the Scenes Tours, and combined Angel Island-Alcatraz Island tours are also available on a set schedule. Alcatraz is open every day except Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s day. Alcatraz frequently sells out in advance, as much as a month or more in summer and near holidays. For schedules, prices, and to purchase tickets in advance please visit the Alcatraz Cruises website.|
- Open: All Year
- Phone: (415) 561-4900
- Location: Alcatraz Island is located in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. A ferry, located at Piers 31-33 (cross streets of Embarcadero & Bay Street) will take you to the island. Just remember to make your reservation in advance since this popular attraction tends to sell out up to a week in advance.
- Closures: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. There are various locations on the island that are closed off to the general public certain times of the year, due to the nesting of a variety of sea birds.
- Special Programs: There are various ranger-led programs on a daily basis on Alcatraz. Be sure to check out the ranger programs at the dock as soon as you get off the boat for any of the popular programs on the island. For more information on ticket reservation call (415) 981-ROCK [415.981.7625] or go to www.alcatrazcruises.com.
- Exhibits: Check our website for more information.
- Available Facilities: There are limited bathroom facilities on the island. They are located at the dock and at the top of the island. Food service is available on the ferry—there is no food service on the island. Picnic areas are designated only at the dock.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on the dock.
|Alcatraz Cruises – Pier 33The only way to get to Alcatraz is by a ferry operated by Alcatraz Cruises, LLC. They are located on The Embarcadero near the intersection of Bay Street – just a bit south east of Fisherman’s Wharf. There is no parking at Pier 33. See map below.ParkingOn street parking in the area can be difficult to find, especially during peak summer visitation season, and nearly every street space has a parking meter with a time limit insufficient for an Alcatraz visit. An “Accessibility Drop Off Zone” is located at the entrance to Alcatraz Cruises – Pier 33 for visitors with special needs arriving by automobile. There are fifteen commercial lots within a five-block radius of the Alcatraz Cruises – Pier 33, with a total of more than 3,000 parking spaces. However we recommend public transportation if at all possible. Be aware that prices for parking in this area can vary greatly, as little as $8-10 for all day, to as high as $6 an hour. As a visit to Alcatraz can easily take 2 to 3 hours (or more) it can be worth while to shop around for parking. It is even better to take public transportation when possible.Public TransportationWhen in San Francisco public transportation is the best way to get around. The Muni F Line runs along Market Street (east) then turns north on The Embarcadero, and runs right past the ferry terminal (on your right) and then on through Fisherman’s Wharf. For detailed information on mass transit in San Francisco please visit the San Francisco Municipal Railway web site.Driving DirectionsClick here for driving directions to the Alcatraz Cruises Pier 33.|