Air Canada fleet
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Airbus A319-100||16||—||—||14||—||106||120||All aircraft to be retired|
Three aircraft in Air Canada Jetz (charter) configuration
|Airbus A320-200||35||—||—||14||—||132||146||21 aircraft to be retired by end of 2020|
|Airbus A330-300||15||1||32||—||24||241||297||Remaining aircraft to be delivered in 2020 |
Currently being reconfigured with the new Boeing 787-style cabin
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||24||26||—||16||—||153||169||Deliveries through 2021|
Grounded since March 2019
- Air Canada's Douglas DC-8-63 fleet was withdrawn from passenger service in 1983. Six of these were converted to DC-8-73F freighters in 1984 and retained for use by Air Canada Cargo eventually being sold off between 1990 and 1994.
- Air Canada's Douglas DC-9-15s were used up to 1968. One DC-9-32CF was used for cargo flights until 1977. The McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32s were used from 1967 to 2002.
- Air Canada's Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ) aircraft were used from the mid 1990s until the early 2000s when they were transferred to regional affiliate Jazz Air LP operating as Air Canada Jazz.
- Air Canada's Airbus A340-500s were retired in November 2007 and replaced by Boeing 777-200LRs. Air Canada was the only North American airline to operate the A340.
- Air Canada's Airbus A340-300s were retired in November 2008 and replaced by Boeing 777-300ERs.
- Air Canada's Boeing 767-200ER fleet was retired from service by the end of 2008.
- The McDonnell Douglas DC-10 aircraft were operated from 1979 to 2000 by Canadian Pacific Airlines and its successors CP Air and Canadian Airlines.
- The Boeing 737-200 aircraft were operated from 1968 to 2000 by Canadian Pacific Airlines and its successors CP Air and Canadian Airlines. Subsequent to the merger with Canadian Airlines, Air Canada operated these aircraft in a mainline two-class configuration, as well as in an all-economy class configuration with the Air Canada Tango and the Zip low cost carrier brands.
Aircraft that Air Canada has operated since 1937, but are no longer in the fleet:
|Airbus A340-500||2||2004||2007||Disposed to LATAM Brasil|||
|British Aerospace 146-200||Unknown||1990||2005||Operated by Air BC and Air Nova|||
|Boeing 737-200||44||1976||2004||Taken over from merged Canadian Airlines|||
|Boeing 747-400||4||1990||2004||Taken over from merged Canadian Airlines
Fleet sold to other airlines due to bankruptcy caused by 9/11 attacks.
|Boeing 747-400M||3||1990||2004||Fleet sold to other airlines due to bankruptcy caused by 9/11 attacks.|||
|Boeing 767-300ER||44||1988||2020||25 aircraft operated by Air Canada Rouge
Fleet replaced by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
|Bombardier CRJ100||26||1994||2002||Transferred to Jazz Aviation|
|Canadair North Star||Unknown||1946||1961|||
|Douglas DC-8 family||43||1960||1983|||
|McDonnell Douglas DC-9-10||64||1966||1986|||
|Embraer 175||15||2005||2013||Transferred to Sky Regional Airlines|
|Embraer 190||45||2005||2020|| |
|Fokker F28 Fellowship||Unknown||1986||2004||Operated by Canadian Regional|||
|Lockheed L-1011 TriStar Series||Unknown||1973||1996||Fleet replaced by Boeing 767-300ER.|||
|Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation||Unknown||1953||1963|||
|Lockheed Model 10 Electra||Unknown||1937||1941|||
|Lockheed Model 14 Super Electra||Unknown||1941||1949|||
|Lockheed Model 18 Lodestar||Unknown||1941||1949|||
|McDonnell Douglas DC-9-30||Unknown||1967||2002|||
|Stearman 4-EM Senior Speedmail||Unknown||1937||1939|||
British Aerospace 146-200 and Fokker F28 jet aircraft were operated by regional airline affiliates of Air Canada via code sharing agreements.
- British Airways fleet
- United Airlines fleet
- American Airlines fleet
- Singapore Airlines fleet
- Delta Air Lines fleet
- Lufthansa fleet
- Air France fleet
- KLM fleet
- Emirates fleet
- Etihad Airways fleet
- Air New Zealand fleet
- Air India fleet
- All Nippon Airways fleet
- Thai Airways fleet
- Avianca fleet
- "Fin Numbers". Air Canada. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- Air Canada/Air Canada Jazz fleet Date accessed: 18 February 2009
- Cabin Comfort – Economy Class – North America Date accessed: 4 December 2013
- "Q1 2020 MDA" (PDF). Air Canada. 4 May 2020. Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- "Air Canada Jetz". Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- "ST Aerospace Secures Interior Reconfiguration Contract from Air Canada for its A330-300 Fleet". 10 April 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Q1 2018 MDA" (PDF). 30 April 2018.
- "Air Canada Responds to Transport Canada's Closure of Canadian Airspace to the Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft". Air Canada (Press release). 29 March 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "PlaneRegister.com – Air Canada historical Airbus A340". Planesregister.com. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Air Canada Fleet of A340 (History) – Airfleets aviation". Airfleets.net. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- Air Canada Historical Fleet Date accessed: 27 January 2009