Watching Lauren Conrad on The Hills and then keeping up with the fashionista in her post-MTV years, her fans have lived the ups and downs of her love life right along with the Laguna Beach native.
But it's her latest beau who made the overture that counts.
Conrad announced yesterday that she and boyfriend William Tell got engaged over the weekend, showing off on her blog the circle-cut diamond the smart lad used to pop the question.
While some of the bride-to-be's exes have been household names, Tell managed to stay pretty private while courting Conrad for the last year and a half (though that should change as the wedding planning kicks into gear). But his "regular guy" status doesn't make us any less curious!
Here are five things to know about her fiancé:
1. He's a SoCal Native: Just like his fiancée, Tell was born and bred in sunny Southern California—which should make going home for the holidays a lot easier! And speaking of harmony...
2. He's a Music Man: The USC law student studied music business as an undergrad and is a singer-songwriter whose tune "Just for You" can be found on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants soundtrack. He released his solo debut album, You Can Hold Me Down, in 2007. According to his iTunes bio, Tell's minister father taught him to play guitar and he got his professional start with Orange County alt-rockers Something Corporate in 2001.
3. He's Smart and Funny: He's not an avid Twitter user, having not posted to his account since August, but he most recently retweeted the likes of Stephen Colbert, Mental Floss, AOL cofounder Steve Case and OMG Facts and he's a fan of cool stuff like John Cusack joining Peter Gabriel onstage at the Hollywood Bowl. And while his relationship isn't playing out online as so many tend to do these days, he did retweet a cute Instagram from Conrad last summer. "That moment when you realize the USC colored scarf you are knitting for your boyfriend might look exactly like a hogwarts scarf... awesome," she wrote along with a pic of an in-progress scarf in Trojan cardinal and gold. (Sounds like someone had a cozy winter.)
4. He Had Conrad (and Her Friends!) at Hello: A source close to L.A. Candy author told E! News that they knew Tell was "The One" right when they met him. "Lauren loves that he is a normal nice guy who isn't really in the industry. She has never been this head over heels for someone she has been with."
5. He Has One of Those Names: In case you were wondering, that's the theme from The Lone Ranger—aka "The William Tell Overture" by Gioachino Rossini—that's been running through your head since finding out that Conrad was engaged. And, of course, legend has it that Swiss folk hero William Tell, upon whom the Rossini opera is based, successfully shot an apple off his son's head with a crossbow.
So, aside from his music projects and relationship status, that's why his name sounds so familiar.