The 1980s was certainly a time of blockbuster movies, over the top rock music, and ridiculousness. It sure seemed like a fun time to grow up. Though I wish I had thought of 80 reasons why the 1980s was the best decade ever, here are 58!
1. Ridiculous hair styles
3. The Washington Redskins won two Super Bowls
4.Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
6. Maybe Regan was a bad thing, actually...
7. Michael Jackson
8. The Police
9. Denim jackets
10. In fact, the whole denim on denim look was happening
12. The Terminator
13. Star Wars
14. Star Trek
15. Movie trailers basically narrated everything that happens in the movie.
16. War on drugs
17. That actually wasn't good, either...
19. "Totally radical, dude"
21. The "Every Breath You Take" music video
22. It was after this...
23. But before this.
24. Big tax cuts
25. Smaller government
26. Industrial deregulation
27. The "yuppie" generation
28. Cyndi Lauper
29. Pat Benatar
30. The Twilight Zone came back
31. Raiders of the Lost Ark
32. My parents got married.
33. The synthesizer was featured a lot more in music.
34. Everything was so unnecessarily over the top.
35. Many things were so bad, they were good.
36. Except the economy, that was so bad, it was bad
37. The Breakfast Club
38. An Officer and a Gentleman
39. Fatal Attraction
40. You could dress like this and no one thought you were weird.
41. Disco died
42. Chris Pine was born
43. Terrorism wasn't a huge concern
44. The NFL featured the rise of the black quarterback
45. Like this gem.
46. New wave
47. Progressive rock
48. Again, disco died.
49. Girls dressed like this
50. But not like this.
51. Thank God there was none of this.
52. NO MAN BUNS EITHER.
53. But there was this!
54. Leather jackets
55. More leather
56. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
57. Crowded House
58. This guy hadn't been president yet.