10 BENEFITS OF LISTENING TO GOSPEL MUSIC
Ephesians 5;19 “Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord”
1. Gospel music encourages and easily reminds us of God’s love and promises through the scriptures.
2. If there’s a sense of emptiness in the soul, a great gospel song has the capacity and enrichments to cleanse and fill the soul hence lifting the spirit. Many times you shed tears and fill greater after
3. The praise worship type of gospel music is all about uplifting Jesus Christ and he said in John 12; 32 that “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” Singing praise and worship brings us closer to God and it’s the easiest way to have our needs met in his presence
4. Roman 10; 17 says “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” Gospel Music is based on the word of God through the Bible, the more we listen to it the more our faith is built and this is where the possibilities of miracles comes in when listening to gospel songs. If your Faith seems weak, listen to a gospel collection. There have been several testimonies on this.
5. We receive hope and strength when we listen to gospel music, because listening to gospel music stirs up the joy of the Lord. Nehemiah 8; 10b “for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
6. Music generally reduces anxiety and when it’s combined with good news (gospel) we can conquer our worries
7. Gospel music makes you sober, and health experts say the following about sobriety: Mental Clarity. …Better Sleep. …More Energy. …Happier.
8. Gospel music brings about many inspirations
9. Gospel contains good, sound lyrics and teaching.
10. In conclusion, gospel music is the best; the voices, the talents, the greatest vocal expressions, the chords and the syncopated arrangements, the choral delivery, the lyrics that can never go wrong. In all, it gives a glimpse of how beautiful heaven would look like.
If you haven’t experienced gospel music in this way, visit the sites below, stop listening to “hungry authors”