Tom Parker (singer)
|Born||4 August 1988|
|Associated acts||The Wanted|
Parker grew up in Bolton, England. He learned to play the guitar at the age of sixteen after trying out his older brother's guitar. He then went on to audition for The X Factor, but did not get past the first round. He went to Manchester Metropolitan University and studied Geography, but dropped out in pursuit of a professional singing career. Parker joined a Take That tribute band known as Take That II and toured Northern England, before joining the Wanted in 2009.
As a member of the boyband the Wanted, Parker has achieved 10 UK top 10 singles and has released 3 UK top 10 albums. The band also achieved widespread international success and has sold over 10 million records.
Parker is also an avid DJ, and collaborated with Richard Rawson on a track called "Fireflies", which was released in August 2014. In May 2015, he was confirmed to take part in the UK version of Celebrity Masterchef. He was eliminated during the semi-finals of the competition. In October 2015, Parker released a solo single titled "Undiscovered" along with his own website and tour dates. In February 2016, it was confirmed that he was to replace Tina Hobley on the Channel 4 show The Jump after she fell on her arm and dislocated her elbow. He eventually finished third in the series.
On 12 October 2020, Parker announced that he had been diagnosed with an inoperable stage 4 glioblastoma. He suffered a seizure in July and was put on the waiting list for an MRI, later suffering a seizure on a family trip.
On 7 January 2021, Parker posted to Instagram that his tumour had been "significantly reduced" and that he was continuing his treatment.
- O'Kane, Caitlin (12 October 2020). "The Wanted's Tom Parker diagnosed with inoperable brain tumor at 32 years old". CBS News. Retrieved 13 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- The Wanted announce split to take time ‘to pursue personal endeavours’, Hellomagazine.com
- "The Wanted have a scream at Manchester show". The Bolton News. UK.
- "Alastair Campbell in a spin as charity match turns ugly". The Daily Telegraph. London. 5 June 2011.
- "Who are the members of "take that 2"". Kgbanswers.co.uk.
- "Celebrity MasterChef 2015: full list of contestants revealed". London Evening Standard. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tom Parker shares his relationship secrets and hopes for Celebrity Masterchef with HELLO!, Hellomagazine.com
- Bennion, Chris (March 16, 2017). "The Jump: Ben Cohen beats favourite Tom Parker to win the final - plus other talking points". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved March 27, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Tom Parker on making his stage debut in Manchester, and getting The Wanted back together". Manchester Evening News. Trinity Mirror. March 11, 2017. Retrieved March 27, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- The Wanted's Tom Parker to put wedding on hold for Grease musical tour, Hellomagazine.com
- "The Wanted wedding! Boyband star Tom Parker marries Kelsey Hardwick - pictures". Manchester Evening News. July 28, 2018.
- Savage, Mark (12 October 2020). "The Wanted star diagnosed with brain tumour". BBC News. Retrieved 12 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Wanted's Tom Parker becomes father for second time after brain tumour diagnosis". BBC News. 17 October 2020. Archived from the original on 3 November 2020. Retrieved 3 November 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)