This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
World map with the time zone highlighted
|00:14, 20 February 2021 UTC+06:00|
|90 degrees E|
UTC+06:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +06:00. This time is used in:
As standard time (all year round)
- Bangladesh – Bangladesh Standard Time
- Bhutan – Bhutan Time
- United Kingdom
- Kazakhstan - Time in Kazakhstan
- Kyrgyzstan – Kyrgyzstan Time (since August 12, 2005)
Use in Xinjiang
In Xinjiang, China, this time offset is known as the Xinjiang Time or Urumqi Time (Uighur: شىنجاڭ ۋاقتى). It is set due to its geographical location in the westernmost part of China. It has been approved by Chinese authorities for civil purposes since February 1986, although the decision had been rejected by the local ethnic Han population and some Han-dominated regional governments.
- Bangladesh Standard Time
- Time in Antarctica – some stations use this time zone
- Time in Russia
- Xinjiang Time
- "Commonwealth of independent States (CIS) Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Russia Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- Alexandra Ma (September 9, 2018). "China reportedly detained a man on terrorist charges because he set his watch 2 hours behind Beijing time". Business Insider.