Paul Hicks (musician)
Paul Hicks is a British musician, audio engineer and mixer, who got his start working at Abbey Road Studios. Hicks has worked with notable artists including: Coldplay, Elliott Smith Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr,  in addition to his own band thenewno2. Hicks has also been heavily involved in preserving The Beatles recordings, working hand in hand with George Martin in remixing and remastering their entire catalogue. This effort has won Hicks three Grammy Awards. His father is The Hollies guitarist Tony Hicks. Paul is a member of Dhani Harrison's band thenewno2.
In 2013, Hicks, along with his working partner Dhani Harrison, scored the film Beautiful Creatures. In 2014, they scored the film, Learning to Drive, as well as the AMC TV series The Divide. Hicks and Harrison have gone on to score the music for the TV show Good Girls Revolt, the motion picture Seattle Road, and for the Paul Giamatti-produced show, Outsiders. In 2018, Hicks and Harrison received a nomination for 'Best Music Score' at the International Documentary Association Awards for their work on the Sundance Film Festival Award winning documentary, Matangi/Maya/M.I.A.. Together with Harrison, Hicks has also written the original theme for the Netflix produced documentary show Dogs, scored the four-part HBO documentary series The Case Against Adnan Syed and the 2019 Bill Gates Netflix docuseries Inside Bill's Brain: Decoding Bill Gates.
- [dead link]
- "Figure 8 - Elliott Smith | Credits". AllMusic.
- "Good Evening New York City - Paul McCartney | Credits". AllMusic.
- "You Are Here - thenewno2 | Credits". AllMusic.
- "Remastering The Beatles". Soundonsound.com.
- "Paul Hicks | Awards". AllMusic.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 18, 2011. Retrieved March 14, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Code, Speakers in. "Interview | Paul Hicks of thenewno2 Discusses Working on the Score for WE TV's 'The Divide'". Speakersincode.com.
- "Dhani Harrison and TheNewNo2 on Scoring 'Beautiful Creatures' and How It's Not Like 'Twilight' (Q&A)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "'Learning to Drive' to Feature Music by Dhani Harrison & Paul Hicks". Filmmusicreporter.com. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
- [permanent dead link]
- The Beatles: Repaving 'Abbey Road'
- Remastering The Beatles
- "Home". Analogplanet.com. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
|This article about a British musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|