Tim Burton at the 2019 International Amsterdam Motor Show (IAMS)
|Born||17 September 1987|
Tim Burton (born 17 September 1987), known professionally as Shmee150 or Shmee, is a British car vlogger and YouTuber, who is based in London. His YouTube channel has two million subscribers and features videos of him traveling to see exotic cars and maintaining and using his own car collection.
Burton was born on 17 September 1987. He left school after he passed his A Levels around 2005. Before becoming a car vlogger, he owned an electronics web store, which he sold to become a ski instructor in New Zealand. When he returned to the UK after a fall, he initially started to study, but stopped a few weeks later. Subsequently, he got a job as part of the technology team at an investment consultancy firm in the City of London. He started posting pictures of special cars he spotted on his Facebook page and on online forums beginning in 2008 as a hobby. Burton uploaded his first video on YouTube on his Shmee150 channel in January 2010. It featured two supercars at a Top Gear event. He did not appear in the camera frame in his first videos, instead capturing special cars.
His online following started out small, but began to grow over the next years, causing him to leave his other job a few years after his first video. In 2016, a book written by Burton called Living the Supercar Dream was published by Blink Publishing about his trips and experiences. He also started to accumulate a car collection. His first car had been a Renault Clio, and his first sports car was an Aston Martin Vantage. His former cars include three McLarens, another Aston Martin, a Ferrari FF, a Porsche 911 GT3, a classic Mini, and a Morgan 3-Wheeler. Currently, he owns twelve cars, amongst them a Ford GT, a McLaren Senna, two special-edition Ford Focus RSs, an Aston Martin Vantage GT8, a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series, a Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro, and a McLaren 675LT Spider.
Burton currently has two million subscribers on his YouTube channel, with an audience that is around 95% male and largely between 25 and 45. Most of his income is earned through advertisements during his videos and on his social media, but Burton also generates revenue through merchandise, sponsorships, and consultancy for car brands. He uploads several videos per week and vlogs about using and maintaining his car collection and about his road trips and travels. During his trips Burton visits press launches, special and rare cars, and other car collections.
- Burton, Tim (17 September 2017). "Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone, 30 today! My video from yesterday's crazy event with @topazdetailing and @carsandcoffeeuk is now live on YouTube #LaFerrari #Performante #LibertyWalk #Speciale #F12tdf #675LTSpider #TopazDetailing #CarsandCoffee #Shmee150". Instagram. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Shmee150: the man behind the myth". Euronews. 9 August 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Willebrand, Jan-Titus (7 October 2017). "Dieser Autoliebhaber hat über sieben Millionen Follower". Welt (in German). Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Hosie, Rachel (23 March 2017). "Meet the supercar vlogger with seven million followers on social media - that you've likely never heard of". The Independent. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Müdicken, Johanna (8 March 2018). "Shmee 150 – Carspotter Tim Burton im Interview". Top Magazin Frankfurt (in German). Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Dias, Duarte (18 January 2020). "Secrets of a YouTuber: Shmee150 on supercars, superfans, and ten years at the top". The Telegraph. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Dunn, Joe (13 May 2016). "My First Car - YouTube star Shmee150: 'I took delivery of three supercars in 12 days'". The Telegraph. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Shmeemobiles Overview". Shmee150. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "About Shmee150". Shmee150. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shmee150.|