|Writer||Gregg Mettler and Emily Wilson|
|Guests||Utkarsh Ambudkar, June Diane Raphael, Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key|
|Premiere||February 1, 2016 (Citytv)|
February 2, 2016 (ABC)
"Swine Song" is the eleventh episode of the television series The Muppets.
The series returns after a two month hiatus following a mid-season finale in a new timeslot (airing on Tuesdays at 8:30PM on ABC). The plot of the episode reflects the show's retooling following the addition of new showrunner Kristin Newman.
Once the crew returns to work from hiatus, the network president enlists a new branding guru named Pache to revamp “Up Late with Miss Piggy.” After consulting with Key and Peele, Kermit and Piggy begin to realize that the show doesn’t need slick gimmicks, and they make their crew a bigger part of the show. Meanwhile, Denise suspects that Kermit might still have feelings for Piggy. Also, Piggy brings home a penguin who starts to bond with Uncle Deadly.
- Keegan-Michael Key as himself
- Jordan Peele as himself
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Pache
- June Diane Raphael as Lucy Royce
- Bill Barretta as Pepe, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Bobo, the Swedish Chef and Big Mean Carl
- Julianne Buescher as Denise and Yolanda
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Bunsen and Waldorf
- Eric Jacobson as Piggy, Fozzie, Animal and Sam
- Peter Linz as Gloria Estefan
- David Rudman as Scooter and Janice
- Matt Vogel as Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, Floyd and Sweetums
- Steve Whitmire as Kermit, Foo-Foo, Rizzo, Beaker and Statler
Additional Muppet Performers:
- Tyler Bunch, Kevin Carlson, Alice Dinnean, Tim Lagasse, Bruce Lanoil, Michael Oosterom, Mike Quinn, Michelan Sisti
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Denise, Uncle Deadly, Gloria Estefan, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Rowlf the Dog, Lew Zealand, Scooter, Foo-Foo, Janice, Animal, Rizzo the Rat, Pepe the King Prawn, Yolanda Rat, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Sam the Eagle, Bobo the Bear, Big Mean Carl, Statler and Waldorf
- Andy and Randy Pig, Beaker, Beautiful Day Monster, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Chip, Dr. Teeth, Lips, The Swedish Chef, Sweetums, Whatnots, Zoot
- As Uncle Deadly flips through TV stations, one channel depicts the same news set used for Sam the Eagle's WGF News report in The Muppets.
Behind the Scenes
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Single All the Way"||"A Tail of Two Piggies"|