Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Playlist: The Very Best Of Ciara
|Price:||+ $3.99 shipping|
Frequently bought together
Each release in the Playlist series tends to be pitched somewhere between a proper overview and a rarities collection. The approach can be aggravating to both casual and loyal fans of a given artist. Sure enough, this is the case with Ciara's Playlist, which covers 2004's Goodies through 2010's Basic Instinct. During this period, Ciara delivered nine singles to the Top Ten of Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop chart. Only five of them are here; "Oh," "Get Up," and "Ride" are missing, while "Like a Boy" appears in the form of a Jonathan Peters dancefloor remix. This leaves plenty of room for other material, from "Speechless" (an excellent single that flopped) to "The Title" (a solid, L.T.D.-sampling album cut) to the "slow bass remix" of "Gimme Dat" (which easily trumps the original mix). The singer's catalog deserves better than this. - Playlist: The Very Best of Ciara.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.57 x 4.95 x 0.39 inches; 3.52 Ounces
- Manufacturer : Sony Legacy
- Original Release Date : 2012
- Run time : 1 hour
- Date First Available : August 13, 2011
- Label : Sony Legacy
- ASIN : B005H1SGDU
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #187,245 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
- Customer Reviews:
Related video shorts (0)Upload your video
Be the first videoYour name here
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Her third album Fantasy ride was introduced through a piece in the Billboard magazine as a 3 disc album with every disc focusing on the three styles of Ciara's music. This marketing tool was ruined through numerous delays of the release-date and when finally released it was just a single disc with the three styles mixed all over this disc which made it an uneven album to listen to. And to my surprise once I received this album I found out that her hitsingle "Go girl" was not even on it, as I am an old fashioned record buyer the only way to obtain a copy of that song was through a re-realease of this album that included a DVD with this song on it.
2. You would expect that her label would have learned from the past but releasing her 4th album Basic Instinct was too much for her label again, while she enjoyed one of her bigger hits with Ride (featuring Ludacris)in the summer (what better marketing tool than a hitsong on the radio) the album was delayed several times. The sales of this album were disappointing, and left het label puzzled I assume about the reasons why.
I can give them it in a nutshell: Releasing an album just before Christmas when there is a glut of new material coming out and airplay from her biggest hit single for some times waning doesnot look like it is the smartest move.
3. You would think that the release of a Best of album would not cause any delays, but leave it to Ciara's label to mess this up too. So far (it is now 20.03.2012) the release date still stands on 24.01.2012 but at this time with no scheduled shipping date. And Amazon seems to be puzzled to what happened with this release as it gives no clues when it will be released. In the middle of May out of the blue there was suddenly the message that the album would be released on the 29th of May 2012, as there is now a tracklisting available it seems that this date would be met by her record label. (Cross my fingers).
Looking over the tracklisting however I wonder why the labels continue to call collections like this "the "very best of". The hit "Go girl" is once again overlooked. So the only way I can listen to this song is by playing the DVD-version, which is a hassle I would love to have done without. And surprise surprise her biggest hitsingle of the past few years "Ride" is missing too, if only the people that decide upon the track selection would be music fans that know how annoying it is to see album tracks and not the singles on a "best of" album. I assume the reason the released songs as singles was because they thought the songs were the best of the album they came from, so the reasons for including album tracks and omitting singles puzzles me.
All in all it is a nice collection that shows her talent but with the exeption of a couple of remixes there is no new music on this "very best of". Nice for someone that doesnot own all of her albums, but no reason for the true fan to buy this album as it is not even a complete overview of her hits, which would be the only reason for a fan to own it. No doubt this album will bomb at retail and her label will have no clue about the true reasons it was not selling, the talents of this lady are obvious for all but the execs at her label who will drop her due to lacking sales, for which they are solely responsible.
I hope for Ciara's sake she will find a label that values her better than her current label. She is a talented lady that deserves so much better than the deal she had in the past 5 years.
As a record buyer I sincerily hope that the industry as a whole will learn from this sad case of ignoring the record buying customers as this happens way too often. (but I think that I have to keep on dreaming)
Top reviews from other countries
このBESTは誰の選曲なのか分からないけど、肝心なシングル曲がけっこう抜け落ちてたり、この曲人気あるか？？っていうアルバム曲が入ってたりする。今回このアルバムがどうしても欲しくなった理由は、Gimme DatのRemix！Gimme Dat [Slow Bass Remix]は聞くからにスローにRemixされただけって感じなんだけど、ちゃんとこれはこれで1曲のオリジナルっぽく仕上がってるのがすごくイイ！
しかし！Ride、Oh、Get Up、Go Girlが入っていない！！残念としか言いようが無い。Ciara自身が前レーベルとは度々なるリリースの延期やプロモーションを渋った事などから確執が生まれ、EPICへと移籍して2012年12月4日に5thアルバムを発売する！と断言したけど、今回もちゃんと出るのかものすごく不安。