No Good Deed (2002 film)
|No Good Deed|
|Directed by||Bob Rafelson|
|Based on||"The House in Turk Street"|
by Dashiell Hammett
|Cinematography||Juan Ruiz Anchía|
|Edited by||William S. Scharf|
|Music by||Jeff Beal|
|Distributed by||Mac Releasing|
No Good Deed is a 2002 American crime thriller film directed by Bob Rafelson, his last feature film. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, Milla Jovovich, Stellan Skarsgård and Doug Hutchison. The screenplay by Christopher Cannan and Steve Barancik is based on the short story "The House in Turk Street" by Dashiell Hammett. The original music score is by Jeff Beal.
It was entered into the 24th Moscow International Film Festival.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2020)
Jack Friar is a police detective who, while doing a friend a favor and searching for a runaway teenager on Turk Street, stumbles upon a bizarre band of criminals about to pull off a bank robbery. Jack finds himself being held hostage while the criminals decide what to do with him, and the leader's beautiful girlfriend Erin is left alone to watch Jack.
Erin, who is a master manipulator of the men in the gang, reveals another side to Jack – a melancholy romantic who could have been a classical cellist. She finds Jack's captivity an irresistible turn-on and he cannot figure out if she is being honest or if she is manipulating him as well. Before the gang returns, Jack and Erin's connection intensifies, leaving the fate of the money in question.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Jack Friar
- Milla Jovovich as Erin
- Stellan Skarsgård as Tyrone Abernathy
- Doug Hutchison as Hoop
- Joss Ackland as Mr. Thomas Quarre
- Grace Zabriskie as Mrs. Karen Quarre
- Jonathan Higgins as David Brewster
- Shannon Lawson as Amy
- Robert Welch as Willy
Bob Rafelson was nominated for a prize at the Moscow International Film Festival in 2002.
- ^ "24th Moscow International Film Festival (2002)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- 2002 films
- 2002 crime thriller films
- American heist films
- American independent films
- Films directed by Bob Rafelson
- German independent films
- Films based on works by Dashiell Hammett
- American crime thriller films
- German crime thriller films
- 2002 independent films
- English-language German films
- 2000s English-language films
- 2000s American films
- 2000s German films